UNOFFICIAL Pyramid Offline Manual - UPDATED 6-19

Hi all. I took it upon myself to edit/revise the online Pyramid manual based on the current website manual.

I took some liberties with the language. As an English speaking American, I changed a few words and phrases around. I also added a table of contents. It was my intention to get it printed out for myself, but that turned out to be way too expensive.

Version 3

• Added ePub ebook version
  • More reliably “clickable” table of contents
  • Further reorganizing
  • Page numbers
    (by gaining page numbers, some of the graphics are a bit wonky)

Version 3 currently available here:
PDF: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oLe4B58JDS-9rEomvvidab-zjcCmFYeN
ePUB: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NZ-qXUGMtU-9oLHYSD3j979L8CuMkLiq

Enjoy.

Ryan

28 Likes

Hey Ryan, that was very nice of you to do. Thanks for sharing. Although I do miss the Frenglish version :wink:

I haven’t read thru this yet
Very awesome for you to do this!
Thank you!

This is AWESOME! Thank you…

Thanks for all the thanks! This is based entirely on the work of the guys at Squarp. Just editing HTML, changing a few words, clarifying a few concepts, and generating an indexed PDF. I have contacted the Squarp team and they gave OK to share.

That said, since this is an UNOFFICIAL manual, I don’t see why we can’t include further changes. If you find any typos or errors, please let me know!

-ry

3 Likes

excellent contribution, thanks!!

Updated to include missing chapter and re-arrange some content. Version 2 found at top post.

1 Like

Small point: page numbers would be an advantage and clickable table of contents.

Hmm, table of contents are definitely clickable for me. Both in a PDF viewer, and browser.

As for page numbers, good suggestion, thanks. I’ll see if that’s easy to do (converting from html to PDF can be tricky, but there’s lots of ways to do it).

Added page numbers. TOC works on the computer and new ebook, but not on mobile. Perhaps that’s what you experienced.

thanks so much for putting this together! really helpful!

Brilliant. Thank you.

Cool, thanks! On my laptop with a hi-res screen on the small side this is way more confortable to read than the 2-column layout of the official pdf.

Thanks for putting time to make a better manual. Glad it’s not a 2 col layout as well. Keep up the great work!

Thanks much for this, I just got my Pyramid and it’s a little daunting. I’m upgrading from a BeatStep Pro and am sure this will be a great resource to fall back on as I learn how to use and integrate this machine with my Studio - cheers!

1 Like

Thanks! Hope you find it useful. Please keep in mind my PDF is over a year old, and the official manual is more up to date by now.

2 Likes

I decided to learn Markdown so to give me something to play around with, I re-did the Pyramid web manual in .epub

This epub version of the Pyramid Manual has an even simpler layout and should work well on most e-readers. As with the other “Unofficial Manual” I did some minor editing, sorting, and tweaking of the language. Hope it’s useful!

Markdown available upon request, if anyone wants it.

2 Likes

thanks for doing this!
I just opened the new version in Apple Books on a mac and all the images are missing and I think maybe the text formatting also fyi.

1 Like

I decided to learn Markdown so to give me something to play around with, I re-did the Pyramid web manual in .epub

My earlier version 3 from June of 2019 is linked in this thread, but I do believe the PDF on the Squarp website is actually based on this and more up-to-date anyway.

This epub version of the Pyramid Manual has an even simpler layout and should work good on most e-readers. As with the other “Unofficial Manual” I did some minor editing, sorting, and tweaking of the language. Hope it’s useful!

Markdown available upon request, if anyone wants it.

@drox Just checking, did you click the link in this post? I might have confused everyone by double-posting. I noticed the Squarp guys used .webp image format on the website, maybe that’s causing an issue.

The .epub works ok on my ereader.

Can you try this version 2 Unofficial Pyramid Ebook Manual? I converted it to a self-contained html first. If it doesn’t work, then for sure the issue is Apple’s lack of support for the .webp image format.