Pyramid Wish List

raises hand

My name is Creepy and I’m not a fan.
Not bashing, it just doesnt jell for me.

To be fair, the M:S is not a true Elektron workflow… It is a watered down, lackluster workflow to say the least. The most inovative workflows Elektron has are still the Machinedrum & Monomachine(having owned every one of their boxes except the Sidstation). And we all have personal preferences about how we use sequencers. Some people never get beyond the XOXO style 16 steps, others of us dig deep into sequencers and push their boundaries no matter how well they are laid out or planned out and I for one like to offer up suggestions to the makers of these sequencers as I find limitations. I still use the Pyramid every day, and have found workarounds for most of the things I need either in the unit or by combining it with other bits of kit in my studio, but being able to simply pull them off in one box would be nice…

Probably just me… But, However many years on… The sidstation is still the only one I’ve consistently wanted since it was created… Probably because it’s not trying to be an everything machine… but just one niche thing really good.

i don’t have many wishes, but some essential ones:

1. adjustable relative tempo per track … for example i want live record something in half speed and then afterwards experiment with different tempos , double, quarter, whatever … the BPM give me something like this, but it’s an absolute value independent from the master tempo … kind of useless for me

2. when live-recording a pattern it always plays in the relative position to the other patterns. So for example my pattern always starts on the 4th bar … i should be able to set start points as i want

3. a simpler workflow for uneven amount of steps in a pattern… i always have to read the workaround wich was posted here to set for example 5 step sequence

4. trig-conditions as in Elektron machines

5. Euclidean mode useable for melodies /chords

3 Likes

Hi,
For me, the thing that miss in the squarp pyramid is a mode “between” the step and live mode.
We can find this kind of sequencing in the step mode of the yamaha RS7000, MPC. A little similar with the MC202 sequencer.

Each time that we push a note with a keyboard, it put the note into the first step, and jump automatically to the next step, waiting to receive a second notes and so on.

For me it’s a great way for sequencing fast.

2 Likes

i am currently converting from 2x hermod to pyramid and i miss very much 2 Midi Effects:
a) Glide
b) Euclid
is there a reason why this is not possible on pyramid?
thanks and greetings

please submit feature requests via the contact form

What’s that more arduous workaround? When setting pattern length, you can get to odd-numbered lengths like 5 if you push the encoder while turning. That’s pretty quick.

I definitely agree with your other requests – would be great to have a Euclidean mode or effect that can coexist with varying note pitches, conditional trigs (far more musically useful than % probability, IMO), and a way of adjusting the time signature of a pattern/track that actually retains all the steps you’ve programmed into the sequence by rescaling their lengths. Currently the time signature adjustments adjust both the sequence’s timing and its “zoom level”, so to speak; it would be far better if a 16-step sequence programmed at 4/16 could remain a 16-step sequence with all the notes originally programmed into it when you change the time signature to 4/4.

I just made for testing purpose a new project. I hold Track+Length , push down the Encoder and turn it. I only get Steps 16,12,8,4
I can not figure out how to get 5 steps. How do you do that?

I found the thread:

i really do not understand why i have to be in a certain zoom-level to set the desired length of a track

OK, yeah, you have to be at a zoom level of x1, /2, or /4 to set odd-numbered track lengths. At zooms of x2, x4, x8, or x16 you can only choose even-numbered track lengths. Why, I don’t know :slight_smile:

i found something really interesting, wich i never got working:
in polyrhythmic mode i had set the track with 5 steps to signature 20/4 .
If i change the the signature now to 10/4 , 5/4 i get half or quarter the speed

Hello, dear Squarp. I have bought a Novation launchpad pro 3 for its custom modes to expand my piramid via piramidi and more (and it’s awesome for those purposes btw). But I have get rather frustrated with two multichannel misadventures.

First is midi-looping. If I am recording several channels using controller I should go first and set the length all of tracks I need to record or set the default length in menu.
But I do not need to do this when I record only selected channel, it would be as long as I unpress record button. Please let me use this workflow for multitrack, it would be a great expirience to fingerdrum on a several channels to mute different instruments later with no choosing how long you’d like to have them before recording to let me improvise on the fly. That’s kinda MPC’s antique workflow to set the length of track before record.

Second is midi-learn, it’s working only with multichannel switched off. Guys, WHY???

And other my dream is to have euclid sequencer as kind of midi-effect, so I can transpose it not only with transpose channel or manually, but with a usual step-sequncer (maybe from another channel), make creative generative midi-effects chains with it, for example transpose it with arrpegios.

Thanks for your attention, cheers.

Squarp do not take feature requests (or bug reports) from this forum, only via the contact form.

the intention of this forum is for the community to help each other make better use of the pyramid/hermod/rample to help with issues or workaround.

please before posting to this topic read the above topic.

Making the SD card accessible from a daw/connected machine for a way to easily load and edit tracks in a daw and export them back (without the need of taking the card out and such).

@pepijnkok
Get a Wifi-SD card to do that, they’re quite affordable

I have become obsessed with this now. Unfortunately these cards are not readily available in Canada and ordering from China is looking like 6 weeks, so i was wondering if you could share what brand youre using successfully with the Pyramid…? TIA

I’m not using one, but my friend was using one successfully on the Deluge. I could ask him, or you could check the Deluge community, it’s quite common there.

1 Like

I’ll take a look over there.
Thank you.

Edit Followup In case anyone else ends up finding this post from a search:
Seems they’re using a custom script and a Toshiba Flashair WiFi SDCard.

Here’s a link to Github for the FlashAir manager for the Deluge:

I have no idea what’s supposed to be different for accessing other types of files and everything on the WiFi SDcards I can find is so geared towards cameras that I have cold feetses. Also, the Toshiba cards I think are discontinued, but you can still find them - I’m seeing them (with the latest firmware W-04) in the $150-300 range.

Of course, biggest complaint seems to be slow transfer rate, but this is from people who do hi-rez photos and audio samples for the Deluge, so SMF’s are teeny tiny compared to those.

Not sure if I want to take the dive without further counsel.
I won’t post more details unless this info gets resurrected.

1 Like

I wouldn’t… as you said they are geared more towards photography and the technology has moved on… That’s why the ones you can find are exorbitantly priced. It seems like a huge financial investment for a very minimal gain… in time… which is dubious given that you would probably have to fiddle with it until it worked how you wanted it to.

2 Likes

wth

I’ve been seeing these 8GB toshiba flashair cards for about 30 euro
you don’t need anything specific for it afaik.
haven’t tried on pyramid but i dont see any reason why it would not work