Hermod Firmware Wishlist

I find the button LED lights a little dim and hard to see if something is enabled or disabled. So a small UI suggestion - visually displaying whether an effect/note/track in the screen UI as well as with the LED light.

I second the precision adder as described by Sunshine! :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Could you guys please integrate the newly added stuff into the official manual?

https://squarp.net/hermodos

I always have to google threads to find which button now allows the record on hitting first note (record + X) and all the other stuff that was added. Since there is no PDF manual we really need the online manual to be up to date :slight_smile:

A way to ā€˜offlineā€™ (e.g. in your DAW) edit, program, and save/organize my sequences and projects

Was having same problem, reinstalled firmware and itā€™s been rock solid since, worth a try. Backup yr projects first.

So you can transpose using the scale effect, set mode to chromatic. This should do the trick right?

Yep, on the paper it should. Never had good results though, ā€œnote offā€ messages not sent, notes stucked during transposition. I switched to a more reliable solution since then

What solution if I might ask?

I use my Hermod with an LZX video system, and I would love to have a setting that scales my modulation outputs into the LZX standard 1V range.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply :wink: : Iā€™m using an Expert Sleepers General CV for cv to midi duties

User scales would be awesome with this thing! Any chance of implementing that in a future update? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

my Wishlist is short because i have my Hermod the first day :slight_smile: what i can say is ā€¦

• i miss LED brightness adjustment because i find the leds are too dark to see exactly which status they have.
  • need more scales. take an example of MI Braids scale library. this is what i want in future updates :slight_smile:
  • ā€¦ we will see

regards John

Agreed - or some visual clue in the UI like on the Pyramid (ie: greyed out track/effect/sequence)

I was using my Hermod yesterday during the day and I could not see the lights on the buttons at all. I was literally having to cup my hands over the panel and peer in to see. There needs to be a UI update - not all of us work in the dark :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

yeah, the buttons are not that bright, and the contrast between the two settings (e.g. track with notes, and active track) is not that great.
not sure though if this is a hardware limitation or software due the pwm
did someone submit to squarp.net/contact?

one fear i have is increasing the pads lights might introduce noise onto the CV outputsā€¦
this would be ā€˜unacceptableā€™

I do find it amusing, the pyramid was the opposite - squarp had to introduce a setting to reduce button brightness as some complained it was too bright - canā€™t win :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™d be happy with a visual cue in the UI (eg: greyed out boxes for muted tracks / effects)ā€¦ it would be something at least.

Yeah that would be useful ( and is what the pyramid does.)

Talking of which, I wish the little symbol that shows a track has content on it , was a tiny bit bigger :slight_smile:

My top wish list now would be

Clock divide/ multiple per track
User scales or note masking
Ability to record effect modulation in the track
Ability to route 2 or more tracks to same cv/gate pair - to act like a precision adder
More sequence slots

3 Likes

USB HOST compatible with SPD-SX from ROLAND

1 Like

+1 clock divide