Hermod Firmware Wishlist

Hi,
Yes I understand that no major new feature will be implemented, no problem :slight_smile: but having the ability to transpose a track without quantizing the notes with a scale effect, don’t you think it’s possible to add a transposition option to the Midi Out effect ?

Why would one be interested In transposing unquantized tracks?! Transposition is by definition an operation in quantized note space.

:upside_down_face: an offset if you prefer… nevermind, problem solved ^^

How did you solve the “problem”?

I need transposition, not within a major or a minor scale, only within a chromatic scale and this is already a possibility offered by the actual firmware.

i have so many crashes with the hermod it is realy sad since the module is actually so great and i love it’s workflow! If it would only not crash anymore! Make it stable and rock solid please!!!

This is possible already now: just activate a a “3 voice” layout and choose “poly”. Ability to record polyphonic notes and distribute them in various ways is actually one of the strengths of Hermod.

I wish the modulation of effects via mod matrix wasn’t destructive/permanent. You can really break your fx settings by changing parameters with CV because they stay at that new value when you stop/change the modulation. I’d think it more logical to revert back to the settings as they were before CV changed them.

I reported this as a bug, next update👍🏻
Original settings should come back once you bypass the fx or undo matrix settings and this doesn’t happen at the moment

Thanks, I was stupid to not realize that for so long.

That’s good to hear. Aside from that quirk, putting CV into the effects is pretty amazing!

+1 for:

Note priority per track (High note/low note/last note). How is this not already included? At least for two-voice mode.

Adding a legato-only mode to the Glide fonction would be great as well.

This should be quite simple technically, no?

Did you achieve 7/16? It seems that track length is a division of 1/4th, so at most you can do 12/16, which is not that great for purpose

So is there a way to set seq length to something like 5/16? Maybe there is a reset seq in the mod matrix of something? Thanks!

Similarly to the Elektron products, Trigger Conditions would just give a sense of divinity on this sequencer. It’s just what missing from the modular world atm. Probability is good but not enough!

Looks like this didn’t make the 1.20 update. Dang it!