Encoder switch issue (pre June 2022 units)

I have never encountered this problem on my gears with push encoders. For example Deluge works excellent after 3 years, Oxi One works excellent since January. Without any papertricks.

It would be nice to hear from Squarp what they have done to solve this problem. When you buy a new gear you wanna feel happy, excited and not have the feeling that you know there is a known problem with the hardware, but you need to wait and see if you are unlucky.

So.

Squarp: what have you done to solve this problem for the first batch and the future batches?

i change the knobs - everything is fine

knobs

1 Like

Oh, they look really smart. Nice!

1 Like

Out of curiosity, do the Deluge knobs fit on the Hapax shafts? I sold my Deluge, but loved the feel of those knobs and I see you can order them on the Synthstrom site.

I just put on some Grey Small Unskirted D - Sifam Plastic Knob with Small Encoder Black - Sifam Plastic Cap (No Line) from Thonk and they work great. The grey color makes them a lot easier to reach for in a dark room, as well.

3 Likes

Hi,
My Pyramid knobs are worn out. Iā€™m trying to find a replacement. Will be amazing if someone here will send me the unused hapax knobs that you are all replacing? Iā€™m in Barcelona-Spain i can do a paypal if needed.

Thanks

Good news! Crosspost to be sure no one misses it:

3 Likes

thanks @jemmons.
Ive updated the first post to include this, and kind of conclude this issue.

Iā€™m going to close this topic, as its feels like its now run its courseā€¦ we have workaround, replacement, or custom knobs.

I think the discussion on custom knobs is cool, and Im enjoying seeing what others are using - but I think would be better in a separate topicā€¦ as users of later units that wonā€™t need to replace the knobs, might still be interested.
Ive a feeling we had a similar topic with pyramid knobsā€¦ or perhaps Im confusing it with a similar topic we had about Critter and Guitar Organelle, where some were adding some bling :slight_smile:

so anyone thats changed the knobs to add some character , feel free to create a new topic.
(ideally in first post add tech specs e.g. shaft size/ D, and min depth etc)

2 Likes