Stand for Pyramid

Any tips for a good desk stand for Pyramid ?

How is the official one, does it raise it enough?

Tried to find some 3D printed ones, but could not find any ?

Thanx!

How far do you need it raised?
Mine is on a (discontinued) laptop attachment that attaches to the top of the column on a K&M Spider Stand (for keyboards).

Im tall, tho.

1 Like

Well ideally i would like it angle so the back of the unit is raised 6-8 cm (the front still touching the desk) not sure how much the official stand raises it.

The wood sides thatā€™s on the Squarp site raise the front about 1cm and the back about 4.5cm.

I cant math to express in change of pitch, but it would seem insufficient perhaps.

I was after a similar thing and made my own.
I did not want it to change the overall dimensions, which the side panels do.
Top of the Pyramid is 8cm.

5 Likes

Thanx, yes that seems a little to ā€œblandā€ :slight_smile:

Nice, thanx for sharing! Im looking to make my own 3D printed, as my brother has one and he is dying to put it to something useful apart from his RC spare parts lol.

I also would like something less obtrusive and keeping the dimensions is important as i have limited desk space as it is.

1 Like

If you two create a design can you share it on thingiverse or something like it so I can give it a print?

Yeah I will design one and if Iā€™m feeling like taking it to the next level Iā€™ll have my best friend CAD it for me he is an industrial designer by trade, so it will be a childā€™s play for him. :rofl:

Once itā€™s done ill be happy to share it for others to print on ThingiVerse!

2 Likes

the squarp stand only alters the angle a small amount - but in my setup that made it quite a bit more comfortable - mainly screen angle improved readability.

However, I suspect the perfect angle depends on factors like how far back the pyramid is on your desk, how high your desk is, if you have it on a raised surface. So if you want it ā€˜perfectā€™ either you have to make it for yourself or it has to be adjustable.

1 Like

So finally got around designing a simple stand for my Pyramid, done I SketchUp, and printed on my brothers Anycubic Mega S printer.

Itā€™s sturdy and it should be enough with just one of the risers in the middle.

It raises the back edge 6.5cm so itā€™s quite a steep angle, I have a lower version ready to print if this one proves to be too steep.

But this allows me to see the screen and controls even from a little distance.

The stand fits snuggly so it stays on when you lift/move the unit.

Will test it this coming week and for next version will probably add some cable management etc.

4 Likes

Hey thatā€™s pretty nice!

It is steep yeah, wonder how your wrists will feel after a long session.

Is that a Launchpad X? I was thinking about something like that - how do you use that with the Pyramid?

1 Like

Thanx!

Yeah itā€™s pretty steep, but after using it for a few hours today i didnā€™t notice any fatigue in my wrists, not yet anyways.

The main benefit is that it save my neck as i do not have to lean over it, now i can also see the display very clearly, even when working with my gear to the left/right (out of frame mounted on in racks. But also on pull out shelf under my desk where i have more gear.

Is there cross bracing? What you have looks really cool, itā€™s just that from the angle of the photo you took I canā€™t tell if itā€™s two printed pieces or one printed piece with support between the standsā€¦ Could you make the stl available?

Hi!

Now cross bracing, two separate pieces. I tested with just one and it worked, didnā€™t really wobble. But for peace of mind Iā€™m using two.

The two pieces fit snug onto the back profile of the Pyramid so when you lift it up it stays in place.

Sure ill upload it later, my brother got the file!:+1:

1 Like

Here is the latest version.

I lowered it slightly and made the edges a little smoother.

One is more than sufficient, i use one stand in the middle and itā€™s very stable no issues at all.

STL file for download

4 Likes

Nice!
Thanks

1 Like

Finished my print just now. It looks really good and fits nice and tight. Think Iā€™m gonna print off another one for extra stability though.

2 Likes

Cool!! Nice! :+1:

It has a tiny bit of that hotbed warping that I canā€™t seem to sort out just yet, but like I saidā€¦ the dimensions are absolutely spot onā€¦

Printed in PETG with 20% infill in the Gyroid pattern.

2 Likes