Stand for Hapax

Yo peeps, I recently received a custom stand from Alex at Fonik for my Hapax should anyone else be interested in getting one:

5 Likes

Nice!

A lil bit too chonky for my taste, but would like to see what other kinds of stands people are using!

Congrats tho @acatcalledanarchy :partying_face:

1 Like

I use a cheap $40 laptop arm stand that can pivot and swivel around my setup and works great for me. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Hey do you have a link to where you got that stand?

In the first post

I’ve been using a 3D waves stand designed for the Peak but which works really well for the Hapax. Also allows some space below for keyboards or other sequencers :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oxi and Hapax :thinking: how are you using them?

2 Likes

Never use them together (not yet at least). Hapax for serious work, OXI for kicks and giggles

4 Likes

Haha, fair enough. Using them together sounds like a big midi headache :joy:

1 Like

Can you post a pic (or link) of that w/o the Hapax on it?
Is it sturdy? I always assume they’ll wiggle and shake too much when I play the buttons.

I wish every piece of gear out there was compatible with vesa mounts (there is of course an option to take off the backplate, drill some holes and cut some threads yourself, if possible) - I would mount half of my gear on a few of these: LX Desk Mount Monitor Arm | Ergotron

2 Likes

I just use one of these… narrower than a hapax (was perfect with my Pyramid!) but it’s cheap and it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

After checking quite some stands, finally bought a Varidock stand :https://www.varidock.com/collections/all/products/vt-2064
These are well made, sturdy metal stands for a reasonable price. So that’s a VB1000 base module with a VT2064 tray leaving the side hooks off.

2 Likes

Indeed, side hooks are left off, as the Hapax is little larger. No stability issues at my side.

Nulaxy Laptop Stand for Desk, Ergonomic Height Angle Adjustable Laptop Riser Elevator with Heat-Vent Computer Stand Holder Compatible with 10-17" Up to 22 Lbs Laptop Notebook Computer Silver https://amzn.eu/d/c2dbyfw

I currently use one of these which is really nice. Very sturdy, adjustable angle/height and has silicon moulding around the contact points for added protection.

1 Like

I designed and made my own stand with my laser cutter. Painted it black then clear coated it with a satin finish.

6 Likes

If you have a 3d printer, see this topic for a model I created and use every day. It’s free, no cost - but you need to be able to print it.

1 Like

Really nice, well done!

1 Like

I second this. Have the same one and it is very sturdy, adjustable and cheap!