Pyramid make a sequence be half speed or double speed?

you did:

What has been asked for in this thread is not possible.

originally i haven’t spend to much time on this … i checked the menus in the pyramid , asked the developers. Found out it’s not possible and sent suggestion to implement it . End of story. Not much time wasted.

You sounded as you would know a suitable workaround, wich is not the case. Now i’m discussing with you your strange arguments - that is indeed a waste of time.
wich is why leave this discussion.

1 Like

all. please keep it civil.

this is not the place to discuss feature requests, as detailed here
https://squarp.community/t/reminder-feature-requests-and-bug-reporting

no one here, has any direct knowledge of how complex the request is, if its possible, if its been progressed, or when it may (or may not) be delivered.
if you want to know the answers to these, please contact squarp via the contact form.

if you have a workaround or other helpful suggestions please share - please try to make it clear, step by step instructions.

I, personally, do not think there is a ‘workaround’. as cut n’ paste are timebased - rather than simple step copies. ( * )

( * ) unlike other sequencers mentioned in this thread, the pyramid does not work in ‘steps’, rather a timeline of events. so copy n’ paste is copying a timeline. the ‘steps’ are part of a view on this timeline. this is why (I believe) when you copy/paste between two tracks with different signature the timing remains the same.

3 Likes

wow, that was all very tedious and petty. not sure what all the “plugin or a button” talk was about, but it didn’t really add much to the conversation imo.

I’ve sent a request to squarp to consider the addition of this fairly standard midi feature. Hopefully they will consider it in a future update. To my mind, it is as standard and useful as the ability to shift a pattern left or right.

2 Likes

Just to be clear this is a feature in ableton, bet step pro, rm1x and many others and yes you can make a longer sequence and re program it but if you have a complicated sequence this is very hard to do. It should not be a realtime feature or a plug in. seams like it would just be nice to have a menu item or something to address this but hey I’m not a programer and to why its not possible or not isn’t what im good at. all this extra conversion up there should just be deleted or moved to pm or something as its not helpful at all.

1 Like

I’ve also asked Squarp for this function. I think one of the issues is that Pyramid isn’t meant to be a step sequencer - that’s what I read from a lot of users here. And so some of these super basic things we know and expect from step sequencers don’t fly on Pyramid.

But that’s also pretty confusing to me because of things like Step Mode, the fact that there are buttons in rows, etc, lots of things that make one think of a step sequencer.

While one can absolutely zoom in and recreate the track in a half or double speed, the joy is doing it super quick - scaling it - per track. Very useful for on the fly stuff.

I also asked for the ability to shorten or lengthen tracks in step increments dependent on the current resolution. I know we can do certain things in other ways, but I’m not fluent enough with time signatures and the theory/notation approach that Pyramid seems to focus on.

All that said, I don’t expect them to add things just because I want them. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

rm1x while having a step mode also allows note to be entered live and off the grid as pyramid as does ableton this is a feature that has nothing to do with steps but a division or multiplication of time. I have long since given up on this feature.

Basically would be a clock divider feature, a bit like Pamela’s new workout, now that would be amazing, extremely useful!

2 Likes