Pyramid make a sequence be half speed or double speed?

yes you can zoom into steps and have create something at 1/32 nots instead of 1/8 nots and so on but you can not double or half the speed of something you already wrote.

I also would love for a per-track ā€œtime stretchā€ MIDI effect. Would be extremely cool to be able to run a track through a double/half or even fractional time stretch. (while keeping the overall track length).

yep, still would love to have this functionality added.

I was promised in March via email they will be working on something like this

3 Likes

curious if anybody on here knows if thereā€™s some progress on this? Iā€™d really love to have an effect to run individual tracks with a divided/multiplied master clock

Nothing has really changed in terms of fx chains or anything like thatā€¦ The only solid way to do it is still the tedious way that has always been inherently possibleā€¦

Just tedious I guess?

By this I mean just manipulating your bars so there is either more stuff in the same space or less stuff in twice the same spaceā€¦ Does that make sense? There isnā€™t an effectā€¦ butā€¦ Itā€™s always been inherently doable by the nature of the thing that it isā€¦

Im not sure it could be an FX, as FX seem to just alter events (create, delete, delay) - wheres this would need to see the entire timeline.

if youā€™d like a new feature, please send a request via the contact form, even if its been sent before - its still will help Squarp guage interest.
also they can give you an indication if its planned, or if they think its not viable etc.

1 Like

Some of the best early house basslines were done this way! Super effective.

i really hope they will add this feature in the 4.x release chain

all the CPU and memory optimizations must be good for something

2 Likes

please email them and let them know. the more the merrier.

i did that already 2 times and on the superbooth

1 Like

Iā€™ve reached out to Squarp and included this request among a couple others Iā€™ve wanted to see in the Pyramid for >4 years :slight_smile: Hopefully thereā€™s a new cycle of development.

1 Like

did squarp indicate if this was likely to be something they could do?
(or more something thats just potentially something to look at?)

4.0 seems to be focused mostly on being more stable, more matureā€¦ things like optimisations (in release notes) sounded like they were focus on better timing, more events, which is always very welcome.

they said , no new features for 4.0, and no indication if the changes would open up possible improvements for the future or not.

I get the feeling that people are very stuck on this featureā€¦ I also get the feeling that people want it to be a buttonā€¦ or a pluginā€¦ but itā€™s already doableā€¦ I donā€™t think anybody has yet explained to me how half-time sequences are not already possible on the Pyramidā€¦ Sureā€¦ It would be nice to just insert a plugin and have the device ā€œjust do the thingā€ā€¦ But I canā€™t understand why people do not get that itā€™s already possibleā€¦ Itā€™s just not a button or a plugin that will ever likely be on the Pyramidā€¦

Iā€™m able to change the length of notes without the thing bogging :heart_eyes:, so Iā€™m happy with 4.0

1 Like

why donā€™t you just explain us how?

2 Likes

Stop thinking about the issue as a button or plugin and just think about it as more notes in the same space or less notes in the same space. How does a drummer do it? How would it have been done when there was a quarter of the technology we have now?

Iā€™ll spell it out after coffee if needed.

You said that already. Why do you make such a secret out of it? Just let us know how.

2 Likes

itā€™s okay, keep your secret for you, i donā€™t start begging to share your secret knowledge

Itā€™s not a secretā€¦ I just donā€™t know how to explain math to people who are probably better than me at math at 5:18 in the morning without coffee. :slight_smile:

If it helps water is boiling for coffee now.