The Pyramid is in dire need of real MIDI routing!
Right now we have two options:
- Have all incoming midi converge to one and sent to the active track.
- Use omni-mode, where each track corresponds to one midi channel, which is just too rigid. No customization.
Proposal? As each track has an MIDI output channel, so each track should have a MIDI input channel. So that track would always listen to the input of that channel, regardles if it is active or not.
This would solve so many issues!
- Controlling multiple tracks with one controller! - Set up multiple tracks to listen to the same controller channel and control them at the same time with different FX on each! Layering!
- Having dedicated midi input and output one track, so having full control over instruments with “local control” off. (Regardless of which track active, they would send and receive perfectly).
- Multiple tracks for one instrument! Having two tracks receive and send to the same channel with differet FX (think of having different chance/scale!).
- And all this would record! - No longer would you have to swap tracks mid performance to not send wrong MIDI data to the wrong channel. Press record and start playing! Everything would be sent to the correct track and outputted to the correct channel!
These are a few possibilities that would be possible! This would really open up the Pyramid!
If the definitions note filtering get fully developed, the Pyramid could actually work as a real drum sequencer! One could set each track to listen to the corresponding drum MIDI messages and filter out the correct notes. So you could set up a “kick” track, a “snare” track etc. Press record and play your drums in from a controller and have all the parts get recorded on separate tracks!
Maybe one could set the MIDI input channel with “2nd + MIDI Input”.