Project Load and save issue

really? that’s odd, i use PC’s too. i was trying out some CC# automation, but hadn’t decided if i would stick with it. i’ll carry on testing the beta and see if it does anything unexpected…

How did you get in with this in the end did it work for you?

hey. yeah, it seems to have stopped the crashing/refusing to load a second project for me…
will have to see if the next update does the same!

2 Likes

I still have this issue too, despite the update… Anyone found a solution?

No solution as they cannot replicate it but I’m unsure how they cannot as just jamming for an hour or so the issue comes up for me and another user who owns this unit.

Initially I thought it was to do with program messages but actually it just happens whenever that I am blocked from loading or saving and have to reboot. There’s no specific cause for me and to find it I would have to record a 2-3 hour jam which is very long.

I’m not sure how they do qa testing but they’d just need to run a debugger while playing the unit for a couple hours.

Squarp is super committed to fixing the issue so if there’s a way you can help ie you can replicate a step then give it a shot and send them a video super responsive. However the more people can identify and speak up about the issue the more likely we can find a solution

Ok thanks. I’ll try to replicate and document.

1 Like

Just recording that I’ve experienced the same issue, project save, save as, load and settings save appear unresponsive. Power cycling restores operation but loss of unsaved project work seems unavoidable. I have no conditions to note other than the unit has been powered on for a long time (some days usually) and it has happened twice. OS 1.13 currently and it happened last week - on that occasion an unsaved project started from new. Tried ejecting and reinserting the SD but no change. The SD is fine, in the HAPAX after power cycle and external card reader. Feels like the SD reader or its interface/driver flake out but that’s a wild guess. Something I didn’t try is to browse/load an instrument definition when save wasn’t responding, if it happens again I’ll check that.

Cheers, Inigo

Hi sorry to hear it’s still happening. Jean (squarp dev) asked me if it happened on the latest firmware I haven’t had time to check. But if you can open a ticket he’ll pick it up and can confirm it still happens even on the newest os. This is a major problem imo and I know plenty of users facing the issue. There are no specific steps I’ve noticed that recreate it. It just happens after a few hours of use or less which makes it harder to pin point.

I have contacted support per suggestion.

It does this to me on a regular basis. I’ve tried to load an instrument definition while in the unreponsive save/load condition (which I’m just in right now) and I confirm this doesn’t work either. Seems like the SD card is inaccessible. Popped it out and back in to no avail. :frowning_face:

Hi guys,
We finally fixed this issue, it was a bit tricky as the issue was complicated to reproduce.
The fix will be included in the new firmware, soon to come!

14 Likes