Novation Peak - notes latching on

Squarp have explicitly asked that feature requests are sent via the contact form.

there are already topics on this, Id recommend reading these, and then expanding on ideas on them.

if the has been sent to Squarp… then I cannot see what else can be done.
Squarp devs are then only ones that can fix this issue… assuming they can reproduce it.

you should be able to use DMs on this forum

though this ‘feature’ is dependent on trust levels - basically, if you have been active on the forum, then your ‘trust level’ is higher, and you get more features available - like DM

if you click on a users profile (icon) then ‘message’ will be an option, if you have sufficient ‘trust level’.

I recognise we all like to share issues to see if others are seeing the same thing,
and you will see on many posts, I even try to replicate… to see if I can ‘add anything’ that will be useful to the poster, or for the bug report that goes to squarp.

but there are limits to what can be done by users here… at the end of the day, as I stated in my previous linked post , ultimately Squarp want bug reports/feature requests via the contact form - rather than here buried in discussions.
(and they have asked us ‘mods’ to request users do this)

Squarp will then use these reports, and contact the user directly to get more info, they believe this is more effective than reports/discussion here on the forum.

ultimately these things come down to what the Squarp devs believe can/ should/ need to be done… this is better done directly with them … since no matter what others think here, it is only Squarp that will ‘action’ the request and have the information to know if what is wanted is even feasible (technically or economically)

rather this forum, was created as a community forum, we use it to positively help each other.
you will find many instances (including earlier in this topic) , where community members help others to find solution to their issues, or diagnose an issue, or suggest ways to use the pyramid.

that’s the reasoning, agree or not - its Squarp’s choice how they wish to conduct support, and so ultimately how this forum is used.

indeed, but sometimes in software , its easy to confuse cause and effect… just because a problem (effect) looks similar doesn’t mean they share the same cause.
so, both problems need reporting to the dev as separate issues, so when devs ‘fix’ one issue, they will then test against both bug reports to check that it fixes both.

regarding testing, this is another reason to be using the contact form. when Squarp fix bugs, they will often contact the reporting user and supply a ‘beta’ so that they can test that the bug is indeed fixed…

this is an important step for something like the pyramid, since users have setups and equipment that Squarp do not have access too - so the bug needs to be verified as fix in that reporters case.