Just to be honest , its a put off

Hi everyone !
Firstly, thank you all for your input and feedback. I know it sounds cliché, but both positive and negative constructive feedback are very important to us.

With regard to transparency

I really understand where you are coming from. However, I do believe managing expectations is quite important. We do have a vision that we’re working towards, however we sometimes hit roadblocks in the way. Lately, hapax firmware development has slowed down a bit due to other concerns taking most of our time, which - trust me - is also frustrating to us, as we have plans for adding cool stuff which even we are eager to try.

But @heckseven hit the nail on the head with this:

We’ve always heavily involved community feedback in out development process, and always will. However, in the past, we’ve shared perhaps a bit too much of what we planned, which, as @heckseven pointed out, was misconstrued as promises, and resulted in outrage when some factor/event prevented us with going forward with a specific planned change.

Now our approach is to be more reserved in our roadmap, and our reasoning is fairly close to somethign else @heckseven wrote:

We prefer not to promise things that we ultimately might not deliver.
So what we prefer is underpromising and overdelivering, if that makes sense.

However, on things we know for sure that we will implement, we say so, but just avoid making promises on any timetable, as our day-to-day concerns have proven to be quite unpredictable (for example we are currently dealing with unforeseen production mishaps caused by a supplier which halted ‘normal’ operation).

TL;DR: We're doing our best, but we're a small team. Sharing a roadmap has led to dissatisfaction in the past, so we now avoid doing so upfront.
I'll try and monitor this thread a bit more, so if anyone has any more questions or remarks, I'll try and address them to the best of my ability.
17 Likes