Is anyone interested in doing a 'pyramid-athon'?

@thetechnobear @OxOnFord @vt100 @polynil
I made this thread Unlisted, so hopefully it shows up appropriately for y’all.

We’ll make an official thread which will include the parameters, the links to the material, and the space to share finished results. Anyone good with communication to type that stuff up?

perhaps its would be better to re-title the thread … if you’re concern is you want to ‘reserve’ the title for the actual ‘event’. (rather than un-list/hide)

perhaps this thread is more about how to collaborate etc?

I don’t really see any need to do this in private, in fact… I think it’s beneficial to do in public, perhaps others will come along later and have idea, want to contribute, or participate?

I use reference wav all together for raw mastered mix and always save the tracks separate because I record together all my instruments for later surprises. If you can save as multi-wav that would be helpful for later mastering (both fine 44.1 or 48 kHz) because I could mix it straight together with my playing live into it ( 32 tracks available in 8 tracks per blocks playable live and playback mode or 32 tracks live with the master wav from flash drive). While recording audio midi record is running if necessary of course but usually no need, no time during performance.

We can stay public regarding PR. We should keep the forum updated for sure, anytime it is to be PR. I mean to publish what is worth publishing. That’ll be some benefit for us too.

I’ve uploaded a short piece today, 3 voices only. Simple C blues monotonous one.
There is a story behind and that’s not very PR friendly honestly.

2 Likes

ah uh, shakespeare. That’s some fancy stuff lol.

Ah, so you were thinking “let’s go from now-ish until the 8th”? Am I parsing that right?

Can’t be fancy - cuz I’m literally an idiot! LOL

Sorry. English is difficult for me sometimes.
Now to 8Jan to make Project Packs. Then month of January to let those fester into congealed finished or semi-finished pieces.

I’ve already started on @OxOnFord’s submission, tho - mostly because my relationship with the Pyramid is a bit different than others, I think. This kind of event is perfect for me to solidify/test/adjust my workflow, tho. (I wasn’t sure if I was going to use a more standard approach or my usual insanity, so this is good)

It’s a painkillers day for me, tho.
All I’ve typed is subject to interpretation beyond the lenses of eternal suffering.

Ah - i never would have put that together. Yes - that plan seems kinda great. I like how much time there is for people to jump in when they feel like.

No worries, I’m wrestling with my collection of psychological disorders (it’s thursday after all).

Keeping it public will help those who are still learning pyramid and music production in general like myself. I’ve learnt from scratch and creepypants midi data was awsome to use and get inspiration and confidence. It’s helped confirm I’m on the right track and sparked some creativity which I think is the objective of this project. Thanks for sharing your intelectual knowledge. And what a crew the squarp community is. Cheers everyone!

1 Like

Content to share and upload:

Pyra projects folder with the given project from SD card — upload pls on DRIVE to your folder by nickname,
(Just for me please: short description of the muse (important! ), I’d like to know what is behind i.e. your dog passed, you fell in love, you had a vanilla ice cream >>> or all together, you see)
Audio demo if possible, tempo, voicing and instrumental and instructions you’d like to share within our versions

Question:

• how many projects per person? I’d say 2-3?

Thoughts:
It is 4 or 5 of us ATM.

In case of 1 project each we’ve got 5 original works and 20 remakes. It is 25 pieces of music. We all know how much work it is to put together 1 single song.

I am just thinking loud: we work with midi, can transpose, change tempo.

It means we can do 1 final version everybody and that would reduce the amount of musical material to be processed to 5 songs only.

………

An other version of it is this: everybody composed his version of the 4 other songs and made an “audio version” to share. It means we’ll listen to it and then we will discuss which to publish with proper mastering (better more than one) .

It is obvious to me we have no space/time for doing 25 songs of standard quality. Therefore we’d use only demo versions (mp3) and we should do instrumental, track recording and the main mix together after we had decided what’s the favorite to be published (all little pieces are public here, so even the forum can give us some votes and advice, why not >> squarp guys can help as well, couldn’t they? Who’s grandpa is BTW Quincy Johns there guys?)

Anyway, back to work. Let’s see if I am in good mood today. If there is an other one in my folder then I was.

Cheers

That song is really good CreepyP

Y’all be lucky to get one more out of me.
Sorry, but just not that productive. :wink:

That’s submission.
Finished product: I’ll be happy if I “finish” one. I don’t work in finished product as my bliss is creating a performance system for live improv rather than a finished song.

What if we keep it simple: If you wanna start a midi pack, go for it - if you wanna collab on a midi pack go for it - if you wanna mix down from a pack - go for it. We could wait to see if it’s “too much” before putting more structure on it and just kinda free for all a little?

What if we just say, don’t overwrite anyone’s stuff in the online storage, and i mean if somehow one of the midi packs ends up with 64 tracks in it, uh, idk, please don’t work on that one?

Like okay, creepy has the first pack - there’s 64 tracks that can be filled up there. I think anyone who wants to could just, jump in there, contribute to it, and/or make some audio music to share. Whatever works, that would make it easy right?

1 Like

Yes. All good

1 Like

I think we’re all good, sure.

1 Like

This is really great, I gonna try my best to throw something in the mix! I haven’t been able to check in here for a while and then I just did and saw this thread, Thanks for taking the time to put this all together!

1 Like

Hey! New user here and looks like I caught this thread just in time. I’ve had my pyramid for less than a week but I’d love to jump in in some way!

1 Like

Discussion and updates to this Event are on this thread.
So…closing this one.
Cheers