I just ordered a Hapax! (Order update?)

Received an email from Squarp today that the Hapax I paid for in early May (the “June 2022” batch) will not be delivered until September.

It seems like some of you did receive June batch orders on time.

:frowning_with_open_mouth:

Not really expecting responses here, I am sure if Squarp were able to ship the units, they would, but prospective buyers should have some visibility on these delays.

I’m in the same boat and it’s a shame but Squarp have been very good with communications.

I’m waiting on several things from Macs to VW vans. The world has changed.

mod note: please, lets keep ‘order updates’ to this one topic.
people looking for information will read this topic… no need for more.
also, Squarp are sending emails to those ordering, as and when they have information etc.

yes, completely normal… generally these kind of products are built in batches (not just new ones). In normal times (which are not) , this is done for cashflow, i.e. no point in having 1000s of units sitting on your shelves for years. for launch, you’d try to create a batch that is big enough to fill demand in one go… but of course, you might get this wrong, if it proves more successful than you dreamed (nice problem to have though!)
so its ‘demand’ driven.

however, these times are different, with both component and manufacturing issues, and also delays in shipping.
at the moment, a lot of manufactures I spoke to at Superbooth, had the same story - the batches are done according to how many components they can get.

remember something like Hapax is hundreds of parts, being sourced from different places, even the main PCB, chips will be coming from different sources- and just ONE part/chip missing, even if its a tiny ‘insignificant one’ and you cannot ship the unit :wink:

some components are now having massive lead times, eg. over a year! , manufactures are having to change designs (mid product lifecycle) to switch to other (more available) components, having to use brokers for components, pay stupid prices for tiny parts, assign members of their teams to just hunt down components - its pretty crazy.

everything has switch to supply driven…
so unfortunately, they can’t just increase numbers in the batch.

It’s tough, Ive know some (very small) companies, just decided to shut the doors for now, and sit it out until it calms down a bit.

in this case, sound like the new faceplates failed the QC checks, perhaps Squarp have tried a new supplier in the hope of improving lead times. (or its just a bad batch)

not sure, it’d affect the next (september batch), as you’d think faceplates can be done in larger batches, id think the main limitation on those will be chips eg. MCUs.

for sure, its frustrating, esp. as its so common for all products across the sector.
(esp. in music tech sector where many companies are pretty small)
sounds like excuses, but its talk to manufactures and you’ll hear its a real, day to day problem…
of course, they want to ship/fill demand asap.

unfortunately, it’s not going away…
companies can just try do their best, and communicate the situation, and hope for understanding.

but for sure, that doesn’t quell the frustration/disappointment for some.
really, in these times, most pre-orders and dates are ‘best effort’, but fluid.
if you are unable to wait, I guess, you have to just order things that are in stock, and accept that some products will take a while from release until they are ‘on the shelves’

3 Likes

Hey Community and squarp crew.

When are the orders for June going to deliver in Germany??

you should have got an email update…

afaik, its not region specific - please keep things on this topic, and ask specific questions (about your order) directly to squarp via contact form

I was mentally prepared for this to happen already back in May. I was one of the early buyers for the Pyramid and I remember it being the same with deliveries pushed into the future, so I’m not chewing my leg off in anger over this. And the world have become a very strange place lately - so if the HPX arrives this year I will be happy.

On a more positive note though. When it finally arrives, the OS will have evolved quite a bit and most of the bugs will be ironed out.

2 Likes

A bit offtopic, but after yesterday’s mail frrom the big musicstore starting with T I’m thinking about setting up a betting pool which of the products from my recent shopping frenzy will arrive first:

a) Hapax (June, now Sept)
b) West Pest (July, now Sept)
c) Godafther (scheduled for October)

:person_facepalming:

I heard a couple of weeks ago that the West Pests are ready, but all stuck in a container somewhere in the US, and they’re having trouble getting them delivered to the warehouses.

1 Like

Got mine Hapax today! Took one day (!) from warehouse to me here in Sweden. Wanted it to be delivered 25 July. Haven’t had the time to try it though. Tomorrow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tried Hapax today a bit and it is truly amazing coming from Deluge, Oxi One, Polyend Play etc! Great job with the fast update fix! :smile:

2 Likes

just got mine im still learning, but its all there and it is great like i was hoping!..

couple first impression things, i would like a lower quantize setting like 1/8 1/4 1/2 1/1 for playing chords…1/16 is perfect for bass leads and drums and most things though

a commit feature to shift the notes to the quantized setting and would be useful for printing the midi fx into the step sequencer too… would use this a lot and maybe a legato mode like ableton also

the project scale stops you from scrolling with the main encoder note by note…
i would rather it scroll note by note like in normal mode,

on similar subject i would be nice if 2nd and main encoder allowed you to scroll vertically note by note, notes at the end of page can be hard to work on…

still brilliant though, just as a new user this is my impressions i may not be doing everything correctly yet also… lots to like about this sequencer

Also When in record mode when you undo it undoes record button first then undos the last event, would be better if just undid the event first no need to undo record button?

It doesn’t remember what channel is in what mode, would like to stay in step mode for drums but in live mode for synth etc…

1 Like

looks like Squarp received a batch of some machined parts, from their current IG story fingers crossed

3 Likes

for anyone without IG

2 Likes

What are those in the picture?

1 Like

A few hundred Hapax screen assemblies

8 Likes

Ah, cool! :+1:

Does this concerns the September batch? :partying_face:

So it has been a lousy summer and can anyone provide info on the new Hapax Squarp units for september? Will there be pre order only?

you are best to ask @squarpadmin via the contact form

Squarp website currently says its on backorder for September delivery, so hopefully that means they hope to have a few left over and above the ones already on pre-order.

but if you contact them, they will now how much of the current production run is allocated, and so expected for new orders.

as you can see with other Squarp products in the shop, once pre-orders are filled, they will maintain stock in their online shop (and also ship to distributors)

(but we just dont know how much is left over from the current production run)

There are still a few units available.
We are on track for a September delivery. More precise ETA to come.

14 Likes