I just ordered a Hapax! (Order update?)

Well they all sound like positive changes. As they say best things come to those wait.

When the Hapax arrives I’m sure your life will be complete :wink:

2 Likes

Curious to hear from fellow Americans who have ordered a Hapax recently. The US Dollar has gained a lot of strength against the Euro recently… almost 1:1 at this point. The front page of the squarp site lists it as 864 euros / 979 dollars. When I move towards checkout, up until the point where I enter my payment method, the total is still in Euros. Wondering if any of the payment options do the charge in euros vs. dollars. Past experience is that paypal likes to rip you off on the conversion and my credit card company gives a fair one. Is the $979 on the front page just based on what the conversion was earlier in the year when the Hapax came out? Can anyone share their experience? Thanks!

when i paypaled for my Hapax in March the exchange rate appears to have been set at the time of purchase .87 Euro to 1 dollar, i.e., 864 euro ended up at 994 dollars bottom line

2 Likes

I did.
$40.81

Good point. I used my credit card, and the total in late May was $915.93, not $979, so I suspect today it would be more like $885.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey guys, did anyone order after April 1st and received it yet?

I emailed squarp yesterday.
no news since June 24 with the tracking number
squarp had said that the June batch would be distributed the first week of July at most
and still nothing
I’m disappointed and starting to get angry
they can at least apologize for this new delay

They said between the 11th and the 22nd of july in my last comm with them.

When did you order yours?

They’re a small team and they must be working really hard to push these out. I guess the best way to give precise dates

Just receved an email, bad news. Ordered on march 8

You ordered a Hapax and we expected to ship the unit at the end of June 2022.

Unfortunately, we faced a production issue with the faceplate

manufacturing, highlighted after the final quality control tests. This

issue only affects this batch, but not all parts of this batch (units

without issue are already shipped).

We have just decided to hold the assembly, our R&D/production team
is entirely dedicated to fix and produce the new parts as soon as
possible. Taking into account manufacturing time, assembly process and
quality check, your Hapax should be delivered in early September.

really considering cancel the order and get an oxi one. I understan their issues, but I need a sequencer :smiley:

Oh no. Just got the same email :cry:
In waiting for the Hapax I brought out my Pyramid again to familiarize myself with the workflow. Guess we’re going to be real good friends this summer :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am wondering if this will mean that my Hapax, which was supposed to come in September, will be pushed back. I’d be okay with this because I will be traveling for the second half of September. I am a little surprised that they aren’t ramping up production as much as it seems they should in light of the obvious demand Hapax has created. On the other hand, I appreciate their transparency about design and manufacturing quality control issues. As I’ve said before, I am not usually one who buys anything in its first iteration so getting a (post?) September batch means I am kind of getting the third iteration of a new product, so they will have time to work out more kinks. Also, remember that products like this often are announced at NAMM or Superbooth and then all is quite for a year or more before anything is released. These guys released this thing very shortly after announcing it. So, if I have to wait six months for mine, meh.

I won’t be surprised if the third batch will be delayed as well, given that the second was posponed to september. It was fine for me waiting till today, but I sold my primary sequencer and I can’t wait till september, so I canceled the order. i’m sure I’ll try the hapax in the future, but not this year.

Had a feeling there might have been an issue when they hadn’t yet shipped a couple weeks after the labels were created. Oh well! Better get a fully functioning unit, whenever it arrives.

Sorry for Squarp to have these issues—tough for a small company. Hope the next batch is faultless!

That’s fair. I am sure Squarp knows they will lose customers this way.

I think it’s quite possible the September batch will still ship on time. When I read the email this morning I was like “sounds like they’re upping the quantity on faceplates with the Sept parts shipment, and finalizing June orders first.” Hopefully!

Prior to ordering the Hapax, I’d never pre-ordered an instrument before (although I have asked Sweetwater and Guitar Center) to notify my when something out of stock becomes available). Does anyone know if it customary practice or is it unusual to send things out in batches when building a newer product? It seems to me that a much more efficient process would be to just build as many as you can on a continuing basis and send them out as they are done (assembly line mode). I guess maybe none of this even makes sense to ask in a world with global supply chain issues (as in, whatever might have been customary isn’t relevant now), but thought I’d ask anyway.

I’m guessing that the parts arrive in batches for them to assemble?

Can’t imagine a factory is sending one face plate at a time…

as Squarp has detailed in several emails to the preorders, they can only assemble the final units in France as quickly as they can received the manufactured parts from their China suppliers. and when they’re made-to-order based on actual sales, it’s not like there are spare parts for non-ordered units to be assembled on an ongoing basis

(this is not unique to Squarp)

Mine was shipped to WV and I paid no import duty.