Hermod Firmware Wishlist

As for live situations, I’m changing a lot of projects (every song one project) which takes me a while to do. The rest of the gear is linked with midi program changes for changing presets, so:

• Allowing to change projects by midi program changes. While the program change already is in use for ‘active track’ select, there might be a general setting that you can choose where the program change is for:
    • Changing the active track for midi input listen/recording
    • Listening to program changes for changing presets, continuously from the sorted list (so the order of the project list is the numerical order of the MIDI program changes).
1 Like

Hi!

The Hermod is the first module I ever bought and I use it almost daily. It is the center of my rack, and I am using most of the CVs and MIDI I/Os to sequence or connect all my synthesizers and grooveboxes. I’m really happy with it, so first thing first, thanks for this wonderful box!

After all that time using it, I started thinking about using it for generating enveloppes as well, using one shots LFOs. I couldn’t find a way to do it because – obviously – Hermod is really centered around being a sequencer.

Will there be an enveloppe mode added in a coming upgrade of the firmware?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey everyone! There is a huge amount of great ideas in this thread, but does anybody know if any updates for Hermod are coming?

1 Like

Your question makes me think that you would be happy with an Expert Sleepers FH-2. It works very nicely as an extention to Hermod and connects via USB midi (or DIN). It gives you almost unlimited CV and gate outs (via expansions) and can give you envelopes, lfos, arps and whatnot.

Hi!
Now Hapax is out there, just wondering if will you consider an update firmware for hermod to get an integration with hapax. Honestly that would be awesome. I love my hermod, but I found always a bit tedious interact with it. I use a launchpad pro mk1 to send midi notes, but I think that it would be more. Now do you have a Hapax (makes me thinking a kind of launchpad powered up) and it’s the chance to makes a good integration between hapax and hermod. That would high the level from this devices.
For the moment I’ll continue with my old launchpad, but If I see that integration in some moment, I’ll buy one Hapax for sure!
So are there some firmware update for our hermod in the roadmap? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I talked to Squarp about this … I think it would make a great deal of sense too…
perhaps built on something like pyraMidi (so its open to other use)

I did think about it, and I was a little unsure how this might look… and what it might give, over just using Hermod as a midi2cv/cv2midi module… which is kind of how Im using it at the moment…

I guess, Ideally, what Id like is if you plugged in Hermod to Hapax, and it just appeared as an extra set of 8 cv/gate… but does that really gain much?
Im not sure, unless… it gave us 14bit midi support, so we got higher resolution cv out from Hermod.

anyway if you have ideas for this (or others) , send them to squarp via the contact form.

Yeah that would be a good idea.
Actually I was thinking about a hard sync integration. I mean, if you plug hapax to hermod, you could get the all functionality from hermod, but in hapax, in the same way each time you introduce a step/note on hapax in step sequencer, hermod will write it (without need push rec on it). The same for menu diving: a kind of conversion from effects menu (even the other menus too) from hermod in hapax to take advantage of the two bigger screens from hapax, because in hermod we know is a tiny screen which sometimes is hard to work with it.

I see a few advantages:

• If you have this kind of integration with hapax behave as an advanced controller for hermod, you don’t expense a big charge of processing on hapax because is hermod which process all as usual, and hapax acts as midi interface.
  • When you disconnect hapax, hermod keeps all values, that’s would be great in studio situations to compose for example with hapax connected, and in a live context you only go with your modular rack (without hapax to avoid transport so much machines), so you are independency from hapax (used as a composing tool in studio).
  • But would be great too if you like go with hapax, have the chance to trigger sequences in live context with those affordable pads on hapax and with its workflow too.

In this way, you could have a kind of extension, as you described, to hapax without compromise the hapax performance, and in the same time you have a kind of advanced midi interface for hermod, in summary, a kind of ableton push for hermod, because I always treat it as an embed DAW into my rack.

I don’t know if it makes sense for someone else, but for me it does. Hermod is great, but their workflow with that tiny screen desperates me sometimes. Even like that I kept my hermod and I’ll keep it for sure. But some kind of integration like that could be solve all those things and it adds a big value to hermod and the same time to hapax.

Yeah, I personally can’t see them doing that…. sounds like a lot of dev work.
But hey ho, send them an FR see what they say.

14-bit CC or NRPN MIDI support would be awesome to have!
Now that it landed Hapax, could you please add it to Hermod too?

The use-case I have in mind is using Hermod as a high-resolution MIDI-to-CV converter + processor.

Hello!

An enveloppe generator would be awesome at least one shot LFO and probability per step!

Pleaaase!

I’d love to have the ability to have external sync and internal as an option.
Basically I want to create sequences by hitting play and recording my sequences in. Later I want to synchronise hermod to my daw without needing to go into setting and change it every time.
Most devices work this way, would really like hermod to work the same.