hapaxOS PUBLIC BETA 2.00B

Hey everyone !

Here’s an updated version of the beta firmware: hapaxOS 2.00BETA B
It should fix the known issue of instrument definition files not loading, and a couple other bugs.

Word of caution !

As noted by members of the community, it is recommended to make a backup of your projects before upgrading to this beta, as older firmware versions won’t be able to open project created with beta versions.

How to join

This is an open beta. Just hop on to the beta website to get it!
The updated manual is available as well. (PDF version is unavailable for the moment).

How to send feedback

For all feedback, please send an email to beta@squarp.net
Please note we will not consider any feature request at this stage. Bug reports, small suggestions and general feedback is welcome. For all bugs, please provide a clear step by step procedure to reproduce it, so that we can fix it more easily.

Cheers,
Thibault

17 Likes

Wohoo! Glad I waited an extra day.

Thanks again for all this. I thought I had weeks more to wait before seeing anything. I’m perfectly happy running a beta to get all of these features.

Will you be considering row level follow rules?

1 Like

Well done on the fix!!

press the Algo button while viewing the automation page

1 Like

Awesome! Inst Defs loading again!

1 Like

Thank you for the new features. Really excited to test these out.

Is it possible also to link projects A & B to have 32 tracks synced and saved as linked files or 1 project ?

1 Like

Is it still possible to change the pattern colors? I get rgb 1,2,3 etc but cant get the pattern color displayed to change, hopefully I’m doing something wrong.

Just found you can set each pattern color individually! I asked for this before, excellent!
Encase anybody else didnt find it, hold down the pattern pad and pick the color with the 3rd encoder at the top, brilliant.

You can hold down selections and color them the same way, it just keeps getting better.

Thank you Squarp

@Thibault_Squarp just an observation regarding the “opening the last project” function…

I have “some” gear and I use two projects to handle all of it at the same time. But with this new feature if I open the project A and then the project B, when I turn on Hapax it only opens the project B in the A slot… Hope I’m explaining well.

Could you make that Hapax could open BOTH projects if you have two projects opened previously instead of just the “last” one? That would be great… Thanks!

5 Likes

unless they changed it this is the way it works

anyone else finding the screensaver a bit distracting? to flashy for my taste. I’d prefer really slow movement with dim colors.

2 Likes

Yep, me too. I can’t see myself using it in this christmas lighty state.

maybe i can hang it into the christmas-tree :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

For me, I’m finding that program change info isn’t being sent when I load a file and initially play it (bug report sent).

1 Like

I like the screensaver, they are trippy! But why not using colors with the pads

1 Like

it is still not possible with the new fw to select also steps that are not adjacent or better said to free-select any combination of steps? Like every 2nd, 3rd or free selection?

3 Likes

Note preview is fantastic… But wouldnt it be better that if you hold the trigger down it plays the note fully…So that one can hear the full envelope. Now all i get i a little snippet of the note

3 Likes

what length is your step set to?

1 Like

i tried changing it to longer but not seeing any difference. Going to try again

Hi, with 2.00A as with 2.00B I noticed that the screensaver option returns to “never” after each restart of Hapax, despite the project saving.

Also, well before beta 2.0, the midi sync out parameter of midi D does not remain recorded on “clock + transport” after restarting the device.

A feature that I would really like would be for example to be able to mute a single drum instrument on a track and unmute another drum instrument located on another track. Would this be possible please?