hapaxOS PUBLIC BETA 2.00A

Hey everyone !

We’re incredibly happy to release the first public beta of hapaxOS 2.00!
It’s been a long time coming, but this release is packed with new features and improvements, so much so that we’ve decided to bump the version number to 2.00.

Notable Changes

• 16 patterns per track
  • Multitrack recording
  • new FX ECHO
  • new FX OUTPUT
  • MIDI file import/export
  • ALGO on automation

and much more !

Word of caution !

As noted by members of the community, it is recommended to make a backup of your projects before upgrading to this beta, as older firmware versions won’t be able to open project created with beta versions.

How to join

This is an open beta. Just hop on to the beta website to get it!
The updated manual is available as well. (PDF version is unavailable for the moment).

How to send feedback

For all feedback, please send an email to beta@squarp.net
Please note we will not consider any feature request at this stage. Bug reports, small suggestions and general feedback is welcome. For all bugs, please provide a clear step by step procedure to reproduce it, so that we can fix it more easily.

Cheers,
Thibault

37 Likes

Wahoo! Thank you Squarp!

For me, this update, once released, fixes all my remaining concerns about Hapax. I’m looking forward to 16 patterns per track and multitrack recording. Of course, other Hapax owners will have different priority features. Either way, kudos to Squarp for this awesome piece of kit and the ongoing feature development.

I’m so excited for the MIDI file export/import! Everything else is great too, but the import and export is such a huge thing for me.

2 Likes

Ive been checking the forums every day at least twice looking for this :slight_smile: Not tried it but the features look amazing, and it fixed the sd card bug! Thank you

Wow, this looks amazing. I am curious if PolyAT recording/transmission was re-introduced in this Beta. I don’t see it on the list.

Will there be the option of loading up the “Default” template instead of the “Blank” on startup? I know this was talked about before

3 Likes

thanks for all the hard work! xmas coming early from Paris this year . . .

1 Like

I would like to suggest the opposite of the current description in the manual for pattern list scrolling and pattern page jump, i.e. to use up/down for scrolling and left/right for page jump

1 Like

Oh this is big!

AMAZING!! So very very happy that multitrack recording is finally here!

2 Likes

Yes! Thank you!!!

!! Wow :crazy_face:, it’s already Christmas :christmas_tree: Thanks a bunch for all the new and improved features. We know how we will spend our holidays :notes:

Wow it’s huge… BTW nice graphics, I like the gradient style a lot, and also de iconic animations for each parameter, like the latest Elektron units… I know it’s not something “critical” but it’s way cooler… :slight_smile:

And finally screensaver! Now I’ll be more relaxed to leave Hapax while doing “other things” (I was scared to see the screen some day as my Analog Heat MK1, I mean, burned).

1 Like

The release notes say

• STEP: note preview when adding a step (on STOP)

Does this mean that note preview can be heard when adding a note and pressing the “stop” button? The manual says it can be toggled off and on in settings but I don’t see anything about “STOP” in there.

When the sequencer is not running, you can hear the note you add when in step mode.

4 Likes

I think when it is on, it only works when the sequencer is stopped. But haven’t tried yet.

What a massive update!

So many features I asked for are now implemented!

Can’t wait to try it out!

Awesome, big thanks!!

2 Likes

Ooooh! “quick step length” This sounds like one of the feature requests I requested in an email. I assume this means I can press the start and end step on a note to set the length of a new note in the piano roll? Gonna have to experiment with this tonight.

ooh I found it in the manual. This sounds very useful

NEW! Note lengths can also be quickly adjusted for existing notes: Hold a pad
containing the note and tap another pad to set the end of the note. For a length of 1
step, Hold the pad and tap a pad placed on the same column.

5 Likes

New Hapax owner here had it for a couple of weeks love it and this update just looks like it’s going to be even better. Thanks!

More patterns! Nice!

I just tested, still no PolyAT support. It is a HUGE update nonetheless.

1 Like