hapaxOS 2.00 - new firmware

Hey everyone !

We are pleased to announce the official release of version 2.00 of hapaxOS! We are very proud of all the new features added in this version.

A big thank you to all the beta testers for their tremendous help.
It’s been a long time coming, but this release is packed with new features and improvements, so much so that we’ve decided to bump the version number to 2.00.

Notable Changes

• 16 patterns per track
  • Multitrack recording
  • new FX ECHO
  • new FX OUTPUT
  • MIDI file import/export
  • ALGO on automation
  • … and much more !

Here’s a little video overview of these new features:

To download this update, and for more details about the release, click on the link below:

Cheers,
Thibault

45 Likes

thanks for all the hard, excellent work, Squarp team!

Good work, best team. Thanks!

Awesome!

(can someone explain for those of us who haven’t upgraded yet how the new MIDI Output feature works? i see from the video that . . . things can get reroute from one MIDI channel to elsewhere but how does this work in practice? what MIDI events would typically be sent to another MIDI channel and for what purposes?? maybe it will be clearer trying it out after I update to 2.0)

Some use cases:

Send an envelope triggered by a kick drum on a drum track to a bass synth to create a sidechain/ducking effect.

Or make one track trigger multiple synths to create a layered sound.

Send an LFO retriggered by each note of a certain track to a different synth.

Etc.

2 Likes

The most basic use case is layering synth sounds by controlling multiple instruments with one track. I use it to send gates out to my modular to trigger things at the same time as MIDI note events that going elsewhere in my setup (especially when I’m controlling my Assimil8or with MIDI and want to trigger envelopes etc at the same time), or to easily mult pitch CV. Really useful new feature imo!

2 Likes

Awesome

Thank you Squarp! The Hapax is more and more a tour de force!

Thanks, very welcome :pray: :ok_hand: :+1:

Youpeee! Bravo, thank you for this strong work

180 midi files on the sd card, 26 seconds to scan while stopped and 39 seconds to scan while playing, every time I want to switch the midi file. What is the maximum expected number of files we should put on the card? Your demo video showed one midi file.

1 Like

Amazing

I’m a new user and I’m blown away with the Hapax. This update looks great. Glad to see that you are committed to improving a great product :+1:

oh you apply the automation curve by clicking the encoder

1 Like

ooh do you have a dr5?

1 Like

I am Dr5 :sunglasses:

Just amazing, thanks!

Awesome HAPAX FW!