hapaxOS 1.16 - new firmware

hapaxOS 1.16 is available to download!

hapaxOS

This update is mainly focused on improving the latency, the jitter and the overall timing precision of midi inputs + midi outputs (midi din5 and USB). Hapax is now sending and receiving data with a much better real-time, either when using its internal clock, or when synchronizing it.

Have fun!

Cheers,
The Squarp instruments team

20 Likes

Thank you!

Amazing Update!
Is sending the Sample-Workflow from Ableton to CV IN, described in the manual, still the recommended way to get the tightest clock going forward?

Yes!
It should be even better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you ! :low_brightness:

I get some Note Drop-Outs for MIDI and CV/GATE after this new firmware

1 Like

Anyone else getting a ā€˜Syntax Error line 30ā€™ pop up when they are loading saved project? Its been happening to me since I updated to 1.15

Hey there,
@AromaClub
Maybe an issue with an instrument definition ?

1 Like

check if you load a instrument definition that has a empty value for a CC definition, just remove it if so

1 Like

What are the circumstances of this, out of interest? I ran quite a lot of tests with this running 15 tracks of many random notes into the USB output, and didnā€™t notice any dropped or stuck notes.

1 Like

Thanks, will try this next time Iā€™m in the studio

i also noticed dropped midi notes while internally clockedā€¦ didnt happen very often. once the whole night.

Thanks squarp :pray:

With Firmware 1.13 i can hold the sustain pedal and play as much notes as i like.

From Firmware 1.14 to 1.16 this is not possible. While holding the sustain pedal i can only play 16 notes. the 17th and following notes are ignored until releasing the pedal.

can anyone else confirm this or is this a problem specific to my setup?

Thanks for this update. A few months ago you announced the coming of a major update with new, long requested features to drop ā€œa few weeksā€ after a first bug fix release in a long while. I appreciate the bug fix releases since, just wondering if you could give us an update on this proposed timeline, since itā€™s been a lot more than a ā€œa few weeksā€ since - or if Iā€™m mistaken, Iā€™d appreciate a quick correction of expectations, so I can stop holding my breath :slight_smile:

Merci!

5 Likes

Obviously, our past estimate was way off, as is predicted by the following:

Hofstadterā€™s Law:
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadterā€™s Law.

By my current estimates, Iā€™d say it will be ready in 6 to 8 weeks.

17 Likes

And is 6-8 weeks with taking into account Hofstadterā€™s Law? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Any teasers??? 16 drum instruments pleeeeEEeEeeAse!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for the response and the new estimate, Thibault, well appreciated!

See you in 2024!

2 Likes