HAPAX: First feedback

Is it possible to do the same thing with a midi cc?
So i wiggle a knob on my synth while in automation mode and then I can input automation for that cc?

1 Like

I think from your description…

Id set one automation point at the note start with Pitchbend 8192 (so zero bend) , then another at the end of the note (or perhaps step afterwards) , with pitch you want to slide too. and let it interpolate between the two. (this is for a slide up)

perhaps this may change when we get per note editing for MPE?
as MPE will allows you to pitch slide (via pitchbend) for a note duration, so that may be useable in this case too.
(but we will have to wait and see, what features that brings… and if MPE mode could be used outside of MPE)

2 Likes

If you press record, and wiggle the pot on your synth, an automation lane is directly created for you.

8 Likes

Thanks @thetechnobear . Guess i´ll see when my unit arrived.
Not an important one, finally

@Thibault_Squarp
since you´re here: whats the case with CV recording.
The CV record option will do for common “modulation sources” like cycling generators ?
In case it is, whats the maximum speed vs. a cycling one, like a LFO or cycling AD that can be recorded ?
or is it just meant to record 1V/oct pitch and such ?

There is some lack of information given on this one, imho

3 Likes

Regardless of the ‘destination’ (CC, CV, etc.), you can store 1 data point each clock tick.
At 192ppqn (192 ticks per quarter note), you’re looking at a sampling time of 2.6ms at 120BPM, so about 384Hz sampling frequency, which according the Nyquist Sampling Theorem means a maximum frequency of 192Hz can be captured.

TL;DR: It goes easily in audio-rate territory. Also, it’s 16bit CV I/O

6 Likes

the question, I reckon, was if it is possible to step input CC automation. or if it wasn’t, let me ask it instead.

1 Like

Hi Thibault,

I have missed the first batch it seems, but if was to secure one from the next batch, do I need to pay upfront now?

Anyway, this really looks like a winner. Going through the manual has been one Yay! after the other. Congratulations from a long time Hermod user.

1 Like

Thank you Thibeault ! This answers it !

btw. …this should go into the manual and a FAQ, if possible

2 Likes

btw. thanks for your report ! …it made me feel better, since i should not early adopt anything again. But i did :oops:…so, your report was a confirmation for my “good feel” :wink:

1 Like

wow out of stock already! I just wanted to wait a couple more days :S

2 Likes

I must admit, we’re as surprised as you that the stock is already gone.

We guesstimated it would go well, but not THIS well.

13 Likes

I’d definitely buy it if it allowed me to

• consolidate effects, and interpolation
  • local interpolation and interpolation curves
  • had more views of the step mode (128 steps in one go pls. or why not two fields of 64 steps of two tracks. or even 8 fields of 16 steps of 8 tracks?)
  • store my own chords in chord mode from external input

I’m sure we’ll see some of these in updates (I believe the Pyramid has these?).

Thanks to Squarp for pushing sequencing forward. Seems very intuitive and capable. Great box.

1 Like

Well deserved!

I am amazed at Squarp’s ability to stay completely out of the press/social media before this product was released! Thats took some skill and very loyal employees.

Keep up the good work.

5 Likes

though some of us who bought Pyramids in the last few weeks probably would have liked to know

2 Likes

LED question:
I think we can agree that the lights under Hermods pads are not truely usable in anything that resembles daylight.
I assume that Squarp has learned from this, and implemented LEDs that work well in other lights than the dark studio. Yes?:pray:t3:

2 Likes

Led brightness can be adjusted in settings.

1 Like

Yes, but I was just angling for some kind of user feedback, like, “yes, they work like a charm, - much better than Hermod”. :grin:

I never had a problem with Hermod’s… so hard to say :wink:
then do dim down quite a bit though.

that said, I can say they are difficult to film on video…
Jeremy did a great job on his video… I think I need to play some more… or perhaps use a camera thats got better dynamic range.

I’ll be super curious about this, as Hermod’s lights were pretty much useless in what I’d consider normal lighting. I’ll report back as soon as I have one in hand. I’ll be able to compare it with other devices,

Hi, I just joined the forum. I own a Pyramid and am thinking of getting a Hapax. Can the Hapax import and export midi files? I may have missed it but there isn’t anything in the manual.

2 Likes