Still a Pyramid n00b here - 1 week!
(Not quite a MIDI n00b tho )
Importing Type 1 .mid files into the Pyramid:
- Create a Track with multiple patterns on the Pyramid.
- Save the project
- Move the SD Card to the laptop, open the .mid file in software sequencer
- Edit the notes on the separate tracks on the sequencer
- Save as a Type 1 .mid file, paying attention to all appropriate naming conventions
- Move the SD Card back to the Pyramid
- Load the Project and all note data is on the last Pattern only (All note data as in: All note data for all tracks in the .mid file)
- Have tried 2 different software sequencers (Sonar & Anvil).
- Semi-verified these are Type 1 .mid files by their behaviour opening them in Live
- Tested importing a Type 0 .mid file into a Project with multiple Patterns on the Track, and behaviour is different (so, therefore kind of verifying it’s not .mid file type issue)
- Note: importing a Type 0 .mid file into a Track with multiple Patterns puts all the note data on the first Pattern
Right hand side:
Note: if your track includes multiple patterns, it will be saved as a type 1 midi file (multiple track file). In the same way, if you import a type 1 midi file, all tracks will be imported as multiple patterns.
Is this a known bug?
Has anyone had expected results with this type of process?
Is this another edition of Stupid n00b Tricks?