Write to Record?

Hello, I haven’t received my Squarp yet but I am day dreaming about different things like for example, on videos I see of the sh101 and ms202 the users are inputing notes and rests manually with the sequencer. Is there a function like that on the squarp? It’s not a deal breaker at all I’m just day dreaming.

Edit spelling.

no, there’s no step entry on the pyramid

something like an event list would be awesome for this (like Alesis MMT8 has)

2 Likes

it would be, i grew used to it with a bunch of mono synths I had, but oh well.

Well, but in step write mode you can create a pattern, and then press some keys, and then hold the step and enter the note length, velocity, and what not…
It’s not a list, but it’s a piano roll with notes and dedicated controller knobs.

It’s definitely not step writing in the vintage sense (which I also really love) but it’s possible to annotate and edit based on numeric or specific values.

I have a CSQ-600 and a couple of other analog/vintage sequencers for that sort of inspirational fun. It really would be superb if the Pyramid (and Hermod) had this sort of flavor… Set pattern length to 5 beats, and then step in a few notes and get lost in it…

It’s possible, but it’s not as simple as that at first, so it doesn’t feel nostalgic at all. But it is possible.

1 Like

Oh man, that would be the dream, I’m going to try this work around and see if I can something.

1 Like