With the release of Hapax, is Pyramid still supported/updated?

I agree with @vt100

I think the track pad makes more sense in product design,
(if you think a sequencer needs to be a control surface as well… which I don’t ;))
then think of it as a modulation source… in the same way as we have mod wheels and pitch bend on keyboards - in addition to the 5 encoders we already have.

of course, everyone will have different opinions, and different ideas on what they would prefer…

however, thats kind of why we have the trackpad … to offer more choice, to different kind of users.

2 Likes

Technically it makes more but I think more knobs would’ve been more useful than the pad since I read alot of ppl not using it as much as they thought they would - or if ever at all.

Keep in mind I like that it’s there because I have other midi controllers like the BCR-2000 to deal with that stuff so the touch pad is unique but i rarely use it.
WIth all the FX parameters & other cc messages having more knobs to be used as marco knobs to me is more useful then 1 touch pad that I & other ppl rarely touch.

More thing anything from a technical side I would’ve liked the option to have velocity sensitive pads.

Two years since the last PyraOS update …
So the phrase “Pyramid is still supported” means essentially: “For those interested, Squarp still sells Pyramids”.

If you have a documentable Bug or Feature Request, you may contact Squarp directly at Contact us | Squarp instruments

This is also a very old topic, and arguably a possibly unproductive one, so I will be closing the topic.

2 Likes