Why does multitrack not work in my setup? aka what am I doing wrong?

Ok so somehow it is not as simple as just arming some tracks and pressing record to multitrack in the way I have my setup connected all together. It will require me to dive deep in explaining how my setup works and I also have and idea about how it should work in my mind aswell, so bare with me.

I am going to start with the midi settings;

Accept all but program change
Active track Port B
Active track Channel 16

All midi thru is OFF

Hapax Midi input;
Input A: MS-1 Keybed
Input B Keystep (master keyboard)
USB host Hydrasynth

Hapax Midi out:
Out A: Syntakt
Out B: Digitakt
Out C: Midi thru box
Out D: OP-Z
USB Host: Hydrasynth

Channel + midi settings on Hapax
1: Syntakt as 8 channel drum track (midi output A Input B-1)
2: Digitakt as 8 Channel drum track (midi output B Input B-2)
3: Digtakt + Queen of pentacles as drum midi+4x Gate out (midi output A Input B-3)
4: OP-Z Channel 2 as poly track (midi output D-2 Input B-4)
5: OP-Z Channel 3 as poly track (midi output D-3 Input B-5)
6: Plonk as poly track (CV/Gate out 3 Input B-6)
7: Brains as poly track (CV/Gate out 4 Input B-7)
8: Neutron as poly track (midi output C-8 Input B-8)
9: Syntakt channel 7 as poly track (midi output A-7 Input B-9)
10: Syntakt channel 8 as poly track (midi output A-8 Input B-10)
11: Syntakt channel 10 as poly track (midi output A-10 Input B-11)
12: MS-1 as poly track (midi output C-12 Input A-12)
13: Microfreak as poly track (midi output C-13 Input B-13)
14: Lemondrop as poly track (midi output C-14 Input B-14)
15: Hydrasynth as poly track (midi output USB Host-15 Input USB Host-15)
16: Transpose Track (midi output A-16 Input B-16)

I use Hydrasynth as a USB Host because I tried out some MPE but eventually settled for Mono AT in my patches because the MPE was lackluster and I really just wanted to record the aftertouch from playing the pads on my HS desktop. (Really just put Poly AT on the prio list allready)

OK so I have setup my Keystep in this way so that I can Shift+select a midi (hapax) channel and then I can play different intruments from Hapax and the Keystep at the same time. So I really dont want to change around with midi channel input to just Multitrack record.

SO… I am pretty sure it has something to do with my MIDI setup… simply setting arming in the new mixmute mode does literally zero for me. And to be honest I really think there should be an easier way for me without changing midi channels on tracks to make this possible.

How I think it should work (:

All I really want is to select ONE channel and HOLD it, Every channel I PRESS while holding this channel should follow its input. That means if I hold my hydrasynth (track 15) and then press track 9+10. Whatever I play on the Hydrasynth should be also played by the Syntakt (Channel 7+8) (According to my routing) Also when I have Channel 15 selected on the Hapax and I play into the keystep which is set to midi channel 16 (the active track channel) I would want it to play the Hydrasynth plus both Syntakt channels aswell. So to try to simplify it to some extend I need to be able to select 1 master midi track and have anything else I press after this, follow its note info. I dont really need multitrack “recording” with a copy/paste device I need Multitrack “playing” 1 keypress and the whole setup goes to the moon, yes plz!

Well I am all over the place with post but would love some help with this! Also I would love to hear why the way I think it should work is just not possible. PLZ tell or PLZ make it work! :v:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.