Trigger delay for Rample

Hey there. I recently ran into problem when using LPZW Tram8 midi-to-trigger/velocity to convert Novation Launchpad MK3 drum pattern to trigger drums on Rample and Erica Synth’s Sample Drum (it will be important later).

Tram8 outputs trigger+velocity on a given midi note at an instant. I tried to use this output to trigger different layers of Rample samples using velocity as layer selector, but it ended up being off, because sample is triggered faster, than CV of layer selection can be registered. Here’s small diagram to expain it better. Numbers 1-8 it’s the sample which is selected by the velocity, E - expected sample, A - actual, | - bar:
E | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 |
A | ? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 |

Yeah, I know I can do it directly with midi, unlike Erica Synths Sample Drum, but a brief mailing with LPZW guy brought up that it can be solved on sampler’s side, not only on midi-cv interface, and further digging shown that Erica Synths Sample Drum has “Trigger Delay” option in the settings, which solved the issue.

I guess trigger delay is one of the features that could be present on Rample, because not everyone has an option to use midi to dodge this problem as I do, but this problem might occur with analog sequencers, which do not have their own trigger delay option or don’t have it built-in on the outputs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.