Sysex messages through Hapax

Sorry but as a Linux user who contributes to the open-source ecosystem on a nearly daily basis, that’s the most polite I can come up with on that situation.

Don’t take it personally @DovJ, it’s certainly not meant that way. You just happened to recommend me something that I’m a little bit tired of hearing about.

I’m not taking it personally.

It seems a bit off base to insult a product that you’ve never tried, which comes from a company famous for quality in every possible way.

I coded in assembler on X86 back in the day because it was the only way to get an IBM PC to load a “terminate and stay resident” library so I could call my back end code from a business app. Further, my library was three times the size of the 64k module limitation of the 8088 processor architecture. Only assembler code could leverage the interrupt architecture of the CPU to enable “throwing” function calls across this structure.

In other words, I am actually quite an experienced programmer. I’m also busy learning Beethoven, Debussy and rock tunes on keyboards, as well as recovering my skills on electric guitar, while singing as well. So, I’m also a serious musician, with a full time job to boot. I could write Arduino code, but like many others who play music, I have better things to do with my time. Thus, I choose a tool that reviews said could solve my problem handily and elegantly. To my great pleasure, it did!

I won’t put down your desire to get close the hardware and the Linux OS. I suggest you not put down the products of a company that you’ve never tried, and stick to questions and helping others on this forum.

Good day to you.

This is of course wildly off-topic by now, but I’m afraid you missed my point. They’re making a product built on top of the open-source communitys efforts, but in return they’re locking that very community out from their most advanced functionality. As a member of said community, I find that … unethical. But really, enough on this now.