Step poly editing in a single row like in the Pyramid

I really wish I could set this globally, since I’m always in chromatic mode. Maybe it should be a global setting instead of a per-track setting. Or not even be a setting, but just whatever is needed to move up in 4ths in either chromatic or pattern mode, whichever you’re using.

SAME! I can’t wait until I can save sort of an init global setup. I just got into my Hapax yesterday and immediately found jump 5 to be a nice range (three octaves within reach of one hand) and a nice set of harmonies.

yeah, I agree…
but Im using a kind of ‘template’ these days (holding out for templates like hermod :slight_smile: ) , so its not really a big deal for me.

I think its much better as we have now, than the Pyramid, where we had settings as global, track and project, and users were continually getting confused about which ‘save’ option did what :slight_smile:
(generally having globals and then override on track is always going to be messy)

back to jump, yeah, its a bit confusing at first, but once you get used to the pad patterns - its pretty obvious when its ‘wrong’… and there are some interesting other combos, e.g. octaves (so 12) can be useful… but honestly Im so used to this layout from other isomorphic surfaces, hard to change :wink:

1 Like

Hermod’s template feature is killer, and I very quickly came to rely on it. Before that, I just did what I’m doing on Hapax, which is to use an empty project with all my tracks pre-configured, manually loading it after booting.

Although, to be honest, I’m not currently using Hapax like I would normally. My empty project isn’t empty, but instead has a bunch of patterns that I keep tweaking and experimenting with, so I can get better acquainted with the workflow, and so I have examples to help me explain feature requests or report bugs as I encounter them.

Once things stabilize a bit more, I’ll create an proper empty “template” pattern and just start with that!

2 Likes