Step mode observations and questions

Can you create a region on pages other than the first page? Do you have any issues with setting the end of the region to be column 16?

no, no issues here copy n’ pasting from any page, and using pressing 1-16 or whatever.

though, could be I’m misunderstand what you are trying to do, or there is some other factor thats coming into play. (which I cannot think of at the moment :laughing: )

Im generally able to pretty much select, copy/paste whatever … as you would expect.

if at some point thats not happening, it may be you have tripped over a bug? so worth reporting.

I’ve figured out where the issue is occurring, which I just sent in as a bug report:

There are a few issues that happen with settling loop points if I try to do so before pressing Play for the first time after a project is loaded:

• Pressing >+Track 16 on pattern page 1 to set the loop end point doesn’t work correctly
  • I can’t set loop points on any page other than the first one in a multi-page pattern
  • I can’t set loop points that span across multiple pages of the pattern

These all seem to work as-expected once I’ve pressed Play.

Also, in general, if I long-press the < or > buttons like I’m going to set a loop point start or end, but then decide not to, Hapax still changes patterns. It probably shouldn’t change the page after a long press of < or >.

2 Likes

Blockquote
so you saying lose box selection? (since it now becomes column selection).

No no. I was saying move the box selection to a “2nd+pad” to initiate instead of just “pad” That was before I realised setting params before setting steps could be done.

TBH I’d rather spend time getting to know the intended workflow than suggesting things. I’d also rather they got some stability fixes out first before looking at the feature requests.

1 Like

They’re definitely focusing on stability fixes right now, but they are still filing tickets for feature requests for later review.

1 Like