Squarp midi sync with mpc1000

Hi y’all! I see the last post on this thread was in 2019, but I’m hoping to revive it.

I’ve been piecing together a DAWless live setup over the past few years and did my first live performance with it the other day…

Disclaimer: I’ve been a musician for 16 years but with like a piano and guitar and voice and live bands… so I’m a relative NEWB at MIDI, sequencing, etc. So, go easy on me. (Unlike some other gear forums tho, this one appears to be generally friendly and supportive. Is that a result of moderation I wonder? Or maybe a characteristic of people into polyrhythm :laughing:)

OK so…
I’m about to buy an MPC-1000 off a dude on Craiglist this evening and I’m having a last minute hesitation here reading about everyone’s issues with makin it all work happily ever after :slight_smile:
! 00f0f_9fiTrm508g9_1320MM_600x450|600x450

My hope is to keep using Squarp Pyramid as the master, but to replace my lil Volca Sampler 2 with something betterer … enter MPC-1000 (which I got stuck on after watching Ricky Tinez’s video on why he digs it so much… his brain seems to work similarly to my brain, workflow wise)

I’m hoping to use the MPC-1000 to build beats by creating sequences live using Live Mode on Pyramid, but more importantly, as a sound module. Cuz the Volca Sample is fun to play with but it ain’t cuttin the mustard with it’s whopping 2 or 5mb or whatever it is … my understanding is that the MPC-1000 i’m lookin at (with JJOS loaded, says Craiglist dude) is 44.1kHz.

(sidenote: I really wish there was a way on the Pyramid to assign the different pads to different tracks on whatever drum machine, instead of having to hold down track & switch tracks to then add a new sound… am I making sense? if I am, and there’s a way to do this, please enlighten me!)

Very glad I’m not the only person using Pyramid with MPC-1000… how’s it been going and what have you all learned since 2019 about how to make these work hand-in-hand without headache?

Very very appreciative in oakland california,
Maddy.

2 Likes