Some Def. files not working in new firmware

I have a few Def. files, copied directly from the forum, and which worked before the new firmware.
the Hapax says it is Line 34 that is the problem. The 2 files are the Typhon and FM2 and both have 1:0:NULL or 1:1:NULL in that spot.
(I added the line numbers just for context in this post…)
As it stands I can’t even load the Typhon file right now. One of my main synths, so I’m really missing PC on it…

32- [PC]
33- 1 INIT
34- 1:0:NULL
35- [/PC]

Thanks!

Alright. User error! I updated the Typhon and apparently it defaults to not accepting CCs. So I enabled CCs and now all is well. Guess I’ll leave this up in case anyone else has this conundrum.

Nevermind. It still says syntax error line 34

Ok. Wrapping up this conversation with myself.
I took out: 1 INIT and 1:0:NULL and it works.
Not sure what changed that I needed to do that, but it works now…

Did you just delete the lines? I can’t get my Typhon definition file to load trying to figure this out myself

Sweet. My conversation with myself may help someone else.
Yes, I just took out the stuff between [pc] and [/pc] and it worked as before. I swear I did that once before and it didn’t do anything, but I tried so many different things that I may just be confused.
Also, if you upgrade firmware on the Typhon you have to enable CCs again.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Any Typhon owners managed to get bank select working using instrument def?

Bank select uses CC 0 and patch can be changed using PC numbers but i just cant get bank select to work, always seems to default to bank C.

I found this re bank select but dont understand what how to implement it.

“O Bank Select - Set this CC first to pick the bank (1=A, 2=B, 3=C, 4=D), then send a MIDI program change to select a preset”

Yes. It seems kind of different than the way it it is described. I had to just mess around to figure it out.
MSB 0=Bank A 1-64
MSB 1=Bank B 1-64
MSB 2=Bank C 1-64
MSB 3=Bank D 1-64

1 Like

Did you put that info in the inst def mate? If so can you share it?

Thanks

Do you mind testing it out? If it works for you I’ll make a new DF.

Ok so using your values i added this to the Program Change section of Inst Def file

[PC]
1:0:NULL BANK A
1:1:NULL BANK B
1:2:NULL BANK C
1:3:NULL BANK D
[/PC]

Click top left encoder, scroll down to Instr Def, select bank then hit apply and send, you might need to put Pc number back to 0 before it changes but i can confirm its working.

or you can just change the msb value to 0,1,2 or 3