Shifting time signatures for all tracks at once

I’m trying to figure out shifting time signatures on the Pyramid and was wondering if one of you expert users has any suggestions. I am trying to replicate something I can do with the Roland SE-02 sequencer, which is dynamically change the end step of the sequence. So if I have an 8 step sequence, I can change it to 6 steps in real time, play a few bars in 3/4, then change it back to 8 steps, and the original 8 steps play as programmed (no data was lost).

For the Pyramid, if I want to shift between 4/4 and 3/4 in real time, I can see how I could do that with one track in a couple of ways:

• In polyrhythm mode, by holding down the encoder while changing track length (say from 1 bar to 3/4 of a bar)
  • In polymeter mode, by changing the time signature from 4/4 to 3/4

However I’m interested in doing this for all currently playing tracks at once.

The only solution I’ve thought of is where I pre-program 4/4 and 3/4 versions of all the tracks and then use sequence mode to mute all the 4/4 tracks and unmute all the 3/4 ones. I’m hoping there is something easier. Any ideas?

The closest thing I can think of is that when you create a play-project in the SEQ-mode, you can set the sequence length to less than a full bar, eg 3/4. If your tracks are all one bar in length, in 4/4 signature and relatch mode, they should behave as 3/4 tracks. That way you don’t need to make two different versions of all tracks, you only need two sequences.

The caveat is controlling it live: since v3.0 you can loop on the currently playing sequence and you can skip backwards and forwards in the chain, so doing this live should be possible, just clumsy. And you do need to create the sequence chains beforehand.