Setting Up Pyramid with Logic Pro X

Hey all,

I am new to Pyramid. I’ve searched for a step by step guide for setting up this amazing sequencer with Logic Pro and have come up short. I don’t know much but I’m try to learn and could really use some help here. I may have missed something in the forums and am grateful for your help!

Currently, I am able to record / playback 4 synths to their corresponding track and MIDI channel on Pyramid without issue, but now I’m running into an issue getting notes out from the Pyramid sequencer into Logic Pro X.

I’ve made 4 tracks on Pyramid, one for each synth, each of which is on its own separate DIN MIDI channel. Synths are connected to Pyramid via a MIDI Solutions 4 channel Merge Box and a 4 channel Thru box. I have established 4 tracks in Logic, and assigned them to each corresponding MIDI channel. MIDI is coming out from MIDI B on Pyramid into my Scarlett Interface.

I can play and record MIDI notes from each synth into the MIDI channel in Logic when Pyramid is not playing.

Problem: When I hit play on Pyramid, the sequences play and I can record audio but no MIDI notes are sent to Logic. How can I fix this?

It appears that a control start/stop message is being sent that is somehow interfering with Logic…That event shows up but no notes…? Maybe it’s a simple setting fix in the DAW? I’ve gone through the Pyramid menu for MIDI out and tried turning a few things off and on but no luck.

Again, I’m new to all of this and would really appreciate a concise answer or direction if possible. Thank you so much for your help, and let me know what additional information y’all might need!

Also, I am open to getting a new DAW like Ableton if that makes things easier in addition to a different MIDI I/O interface of some kind.

• Robert

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.