Setting the Track Length Question

Hello,

Is it possible to set a tracks length by selecting a specific step in a given tracks sequence?

If working with an unusual amount of bars on a lengthy sequence, its hard to count the number of steps in order to find where a track loops.

Bump. Does this question make sense?

I donā€™t think I understand your exact question. Maybe if you explain the end result you want, someone will know a way to achieve it?

Currently, to set a tracks length you press the length button and turn the main rotary knob to the amount of steps. If Iā€™m doing a simple length, one thats a multiple of 4 its easy to set the length this way.

But on some other sequencers you can just select the step you want to be the last before the pattern repeats. The advantage to this is you donā€™t have to calculate steps from the beginning of the pattern but just press pause as you playback and just indicate the last step.

Does that clarify?

1 Like

i donā€™t think you can do what youā€™re talking about at a step resolution. You can ā€˜duplicateā€™ a pattern while extending instead of using the pattern length thing tho - I think you press like 2nd and > or something like that. So like if youā€™re pattern is 2 bars, you can duplicate it to 4. You just canā€™t do like ā€œonly duplicated bars 1 and half of bar 2ā€ - its sorta all or nothing when you do the dupe. I might be getting the button presses wrong cause its sorta muscle memory for me but i know its in there. Does that help at all?

1 Like

I think you might have misunderstand my need. No worries. If I have a 16 beat phrase, but then Iā€™d like to actually make it only the 7 beat long, Iā€™d like to just select the 7th step somehow, thereby indicating that as the last step of the phrase.

I think the answer to your question is hold down length and then the step you want to be the last step

In what mode?

In Track mode holding length and pressing the step does something different. It increases and decreases the patterns length by entire bars, not steps AKA beats AKA quarter notes etc, only entire bars.

Ah yeah sorry. Shouldnā€™t have replied unless I was in front of the machine

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.