Set step length in the piano roll?

Doing long notes in the SQ-64 is, to put it mildly, tedious. There are some things I like about the SQ, but creating multi-step notes is not one of them!

1 Like

Yes, totally agree Steve.

Another thing is a huge advantage in the way hapax does the note lengths is that you can clearly see where the notes start because the step is brighter.

On the sq if you record baselines with long sustained notes the steps might just look all 16 steps lit and no clue where notes start or finish.

To be fair, I love the single note input mode on the OXI, except when you had to cross pages, but even that wasnt to bad.

One related thing, has anyone worked out if you can get long notes to loop around back to the beginning of the pattern, or is that just a big no no on Hapax (not to sound like a broken record, but it did this on the Pyramid, and found it useful for my terrible playing when recording live.

1 Like

Blockquote For example in Oxi one if I one to test how a long note sounds in a certain baseline I have to press first and 3rd step, but it actually creates 3 steps which you need to click one by one if you want to remove them.

This is not correct, you dont have to press the step one by one to remove them. Just go right to left.
So for ex. if you have a note with 6 steps and want to keep only 3 steps just press step 6 and 3 it will delete every notes on the right keeping the first 3.
If you want to change back to 6 go left to right.
Its very fast for editing.

1 Like

Cool! thanks for pointing that out. That sounds like much faster workflow for removing long notes.

I still slightly prefer the one finger approach in Hapax but they both work really nice anyway.

I received the oxi literally a couple of days before Hapax and now I’m concentrated in Hapax. I will keep both though, they are different enough and a lot fun to use.
Hapax is the one on the center on my desk so that’s why I’m focusing on it for now. Oxi will be for more a portable kind of setup.

Yes, they do loop around, which is appreciated by this musician with bad timing… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m a good composer. Terrible musician.

1 Like