Serious help needed with settings

Hi I have now been going through every possible way I know for 12 months to get my Mpcx, Fantom 8, abelton and now Hapax to all communicate together. It has become quite depressing. If someone could help me with exact setting to make this happen I would be eternally grateful.
I would like to sequence both from the MPCX and the HAPAX (I do not mind which is the clock as I really don’t use the metronome or quantize as I find it limiting to rhythm), I would like to be able to play notes from the Fantom 8 keyboard and the pads of the Mpcx, recording live into the Hapax. I would also like to be able to trigger the sounds of the Mpcx and fantom 8 from the HAPAX and sequence into the MPCx Then being able to record them in real time in abelton.
I have had some working but not all together as one fluid workflow.
Help please.

Which connections are midi and which are audio? Is abortion just for audio recording?

You should use the hapax to route midi and set all of the track inputs to off “–” and turn on the input that you want to go to that particular track. Not turning off inputs could lead to midi loops.

The fantom should have local control off and have it’s midi routed exclusively to tracks in hapax. I haven’t used the fantom but you should be able to send separate midi channels from different parts.

The mpc should have midi tracks that go to corresponding hapax tracks that can either be routed to the fantom or back to other tracks expecting input from a hapax track.

You should make yourself a diagram showing the signal flow and how it needs to go through the hapax. And figure out what the inputs should be at any time and if you need to switch.

Anything more complicated than this would require a midi router with presets.

Thank you for your help.

Hi I have tried to do this with the input on the Squarp off but can not record the keyboard midi notes, this can only be done while the input is on, but there are midi problems with this. I can only record notes from the Hapax with the input off. I want to be able to record either?

You need to figure out where your midi loops are and what you need to do to break them. Is the keyboard reflecting midi back?

You might need a midi router in between everything given the complexity of the setup you are creating. It is just bound to have midi loops unless you use the Hapax as the only sequencer.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.