Send ASSIGN values?

When I assign a knobs in the ASSIGN screen, change their values, and save the project, the values of those knobs in the ASSIGN screen is saved, too. But when I load the project, those values are never sent over MIDI. Is there a way to force them to be sent?

So if I open a project, ASSIGN the first knob to CC7, turn it until its value is 10, the volume of my connected device is now “10”. I save the project and turn everything off.

Next day I turn everything back on, load my project, and the ASSIGN window still shows the first knob assigned to CC7 and with a value of 10. But my connected device was never sent a “10” over CC7. It’s still playing at default volume.

I would expect these values to be sent on project load or on a double-tap-stop or something. But maybe there’s some other trick I’m missing? Or putting a CC7 value in autom the only solution?

Sounds like a bug, I’ll open a ticket.

3 Likes

Just encountered this myself… thinking a little further about it, you wouldn’t necessarily want the CC values to get sent when a project loads though because what if you are loading project B when A is already running?

Maybe when a non-empty pattern begins playing?

OR… one thing that could be a nice feature would be some way to copy all the values from the ASSIGN screen into a step on the AUTOM screen.

Currently one thing I’ve been trying out is I have a bunch of CC outs going into the inputs of a Basimulus Iteritas Alter in my eurorack and my plan was to sort of derive some “presets” for it on the Hapax side of things. Could even be interesting if something like a preset/macro CC configuration could be saved in an instrument definition or something…

Anyway, back to the idea of copying ASSIGN values to AUTOM… this would give a nice workflow where at the ASSIGN screen you can easily tweak up to 8 values in a very hands-on way and then move that over to AUTOM, where it would normally be difficult to tweak 8 different interacting values…