Sample Transfer

For Windows 10 users, I was able to get this to work with using VLC to convert stereo WAVs to mono. I also right clicked on the WAV file in File Explorer > Details > "Remove Properties and Personal Information.

I tried with Studio One but I think it’ll still need some converting to work properly.

I use the process with macros for Audacity that is described in the manual of the Tiptop one.
Easy and quick.

http://www.tiptopaudio.com/manuals/Tiptop_Audio_one.pdf

1 Like

Thanks for this, raw. Spent about three hours trying to track down why my samples weren’t working. This worked a charm.

hey, experiencing the same issues. Dont get how to remove the Tags on Mediahuman.

Ok im stuck.
there has to be an easy way. I tried all the options above and I aways come across some significant problems.
Its pretty frustrating…

no idea about this software…
but, if it’s not working directly, you can always import the files into audacity (*) and export it… thats the easy/free way.

(*) or ableton/cubase if you have them.

note: sample now supports stereo in the firmware, it will use 2 channels.

ok I use Audacity too. can you tell me where the setting are, to remove all Metadata.
I already tried the TipTop one method stated above, I get a wierd error telling me it cant crate the files.
Thanks in advance! Apreciate it!

What works for me really well is batch processing in Izotope RX.
Make sure sampling frequency is 44.1 and bit rate is 16 bit. I had issues with 24 bit files.
Both mono and stereo files can work, but be mindful that a stereo file takes up 2 sample slots in a kit. Meaning, you can have either 12 mono samples per voice (in layering mode), or 6 stereo samples - or any combo in between, as long as you are following the matrix.
File naming : make sure you do not add dot after the voice number, as well as not to have same file names (duh, but it happens).
My custom files are named like this:
1 kick 1 .wav
1 kick 2 .wav
etc
Rample is a great module, I just wish there was more than one target to modulate with cv.