Sample and Hold Incoming CV?

Pardon if this is a dumb question, but is it possible to effectively sample and hold incoming CV?

Say I have different voltages coming in every 16th note, but I would like to trigger and hold those voltages via random or slower gate signal.

This seems like something that can be done somehow but I can’t quite wrap my head around it. Any pointers are appreciated!

(Assuming you want to sample the voltage and send it to a V/OCT input then try the following…)

Send your voltage into one of the inputs (eg: A). Set up a Track to be a Note track. Go to the Mod Matrix and assign input A to the Midi Effect: Root Note of that Note Track. Add a Scale effect if you want to constrain those notes to a scale.

On the Note track add notes in Step view where you want the sample and hold to occur (eg: on the 1 & 4). What happens is the voltage input on A is constantly adjusting the Midi Note value, this is then sampled when a trigger is trigged on the note track.

Hope that is what you’re looking for.

Kid Y.

Ah yeah patchful thinking :+1:t2: will try this out! Thnx!

Thank you! It’s not exactly what I was looking for but seems like a useful approach for other reasons.

I did some testing and it seems like the sample and hold is a default behavior, at least for my current application:

A (CV in): Receiving different voltages every 16th note
B (Gate in): Receiving irregular gates (though quantized from same clock as CV in)

Input A/B --> Track 1 (Note track w/ Scale FX)

Sounds like it’s working!

Nice - I like how there’s a couple of ways to do this.

+1 for flexibility :+1: