Same channel retrigger behaviour

Hey there

I have been eyeing the Rample for a while as I have been looking for a sample player that does round robin playback on consecutive triggers.

It seems like a great fit for most of my requirements, but one thing that I haven’t been able to find out, is whether a playing sample on a channel gets cut off by another sample triggered on the same channel?

I understand that the question is probably yes, but haven’t been able to find an answer to this specifically in the manual or this forum.

This functionality is present in the MPC 1000 ( and possibly later iterations?), where the sample playback engine has a polyphony of 32 total samples playing at one time. For each pad you can set up the the playback mode to one-shot, and whether a sample played will be allowed to “play out underneath” a second, third, etc. time that same pad is triggered.
This is really neat for hihats and other percussion, or if you “bake in” reverb in your samples and want to preserve their tails.

It’s not a deal breaker, but curious if anyone can tell me if it cuts all playing sound on a channel on retriggers in that same channel?

Hi @videomusik

Yes, it does cut all sound on the voice.
There is no polyphony per voice.

Thank you for the quick reply @Thibault_Squarp
I will bring this into my considerations.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.