Recording sequence via MIDI help

Is there a way to have the Hermod start recording only when I actually start inputting notes via MIDI? Is there also a way to have the Hermod record step-by-step like a traditional synthesizer sequencer i.e. press a keyboard key, data stored, move to next step, press a keyboard key, data stored, move to next step, etc instead of selecting steps on the Hermod? I’ve watched several reviews, overviews, tutorials on the Hermod and haven’t seen anybody cover what, to me, seems to be a pretty basic set of features for a sequencer that records MIDI.

Thanks!

yes, it’s all in the manual.

Where, exactly? I’ve read it multiple times and have yet to find anything that covers what I wrote above.

no, I dont think this is possible…

notes are entered by pressing a step then pressing a key on your keyboard.
(there is the wait/looper option, but thats for live recording, and is just about when it starts)

honestly, never bothered me… as I tend to do loop recording, rather than programming steps.
but I can see useful for others.

you can send a feature request to Squarp, see what they think contact form

Is there a way to have the Hermod start recording only when I actually start inputting notes via MIDI?

in step view press x + rec simultaneously, hermod will start record only when you actually input notes via midi. it’s in the manual under “step mode”, “wait/looper rec” paragraph

Is there also a way to have the Hermod record step-by-step like a traditional synthesizer sequencer i.e. press a keyboard key, data stored, move to next step, press a keyboard key, data stored, move to next step, etc instead of selecting steps on the Hermod?

one way to achieve this is put the gate out of the track you want to record into one of the input(e.g. A). then in setting>clock in+out>cv transport set your_input> trig ( in this case A>trig). then you go to step view, press X + REC and you can input single notes, and it advances automatically to the next note. it’s in the manual under “settings”, in the “clock settings” paragraph

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.