Recording Live with Pyramid

if you’re getting to this level of complexity, I’d recommend looking at things like :

these allow kind of combine thru/merge/split functionality - but with a lot more flexible/smart routing, filtering, midi channel remapping.
a bit of an investment, for sure, but if you have that much gear its going to save you so much hassle, and let you get around a whole range of midi related issues.

(I use MPE and also multi-timbral synths, so its very easy to start hitting midi channel limits (16 per port) )

an cheaper alternative for a smaller setup is something like the Blokes Labs MidiHub

has a lot of other fun features :slight_smile:

I’ve got a midihub and a mioXM, and think they are one of the better investments Ive made.
(Id have been tempted with the MRCC , but it was not out when I bought the mio)

1 Like

So tendingtropic

Any update on the settings in the Pyramid that seem to work for you?

Hello,

Did any one this kind of set up with the MioXL ?

Trying to do so… Harsh. Don’t have enough knowledge.
trying to find informations on forums …

Can anyone give some Clue … Maybe some help.

1 Like

wow this is a huge help dude!!

The MioXL looks to be a pretty complicated piece of equipment that needs a computer to set the routings. That’s why I just did it the “old school” way with Thru and Merge boxes.

I agree big help. Gonna study things by my self first of course … keep you inform of my improvment

I use the MioXM, wish I had purchased the XL, anyway, it does require a computer to set the settings, however, once you do, it is standalone, and you can recall different presets without a computer. What I like about it, is I can easily set new routings without having to change the cabling. For example, I use an Octotrack and the Pyramid to control my setup. The Octotrack controls PC on an Analog Keys and a Model:Samples, and it changes sequences and tracks on the Pyramid — I use the Octatrack as the arranger. The Pyramid controls a SH-101, Prophet 600, Meris Pedals, Drum Machines, Ableton Live, and it also controls the Analog Keys (I use both internal sequencing and Pyramid sequencing for the synth). The other day I needed to reset how the Octotrack talked to the AK, which took a matter of a minute within the MioXM. The Mio boxes are very flexible for routing.

Note: Whilst I have Abelton in the set-up its so I can use some NI pianos and Granular plugins, I don’t always have the computer set up in the studio and the Mio is great central hub.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.