I’ve got a slight issue which is quite frustrating.
I uploaded samples onto my rample (which i’d used audacity), and they were working fine a while ago.
I took another sample the other day using my usual method, and when i played it through the rample it was clipping really badly like white noise. I thought it was an error i’d made in audacity and left it until i wasn’t busy.
I’ve just gone to play the older samples again which used to play perfectly, and they are now exactly the same…clipping really badly.
Does anyone have any answers please?
really too many parameters to discuss thing meaningfully…
you need to be quite specific about your setup, what samples, what you have checked…
things to consider:
- how do you know rample is clipping? rather than somewhere else in signal path?
… e.g. are you assuming line or modular level?
- does altering volume help? it should do , unless there is some kind of internal clipping (seems unlikely)
- does changing level help
- all samples? in particular are factory samples clipping?
(this is the acid test… rather than using other ‘user’ samples which might not be ‘correct’)
- new firmware? tried with older?
- how are you triggering , gate/buttons (as midi velocity may increase gain)
- does it look ‘peaking’ on the internal vu-meter.
Id also say clipping doesn’t really sound much like ‘white noise’ (we’ll not to me), sound more like saturation (albeit not nice saturation) , perhaps try it on a scope , with a sine wave sample, to confirm its really clipping.
try at low gain/volume level to confirm its a gain issue, and where it is.
sorry, i know thats a lot of (fairly obvious) … try this, could be this… but with no details, not much we can add (“it worked the other day” … doesn’t add anything ;))
let us know what you find.
I reformatted the SD card and it went away. I am using the new upgrade so fingers cross.