Rample as Rompler

Love the Rample so far.

I was wondering, is it possible to import say, a multisampled synth, and play it in 4 voice poly across a few octaves via midi ?

I know its not really set up this way, but if it was possible, it would be such a killer machine for me.

Or failing that, is there a crude way to do this?

At the very least, I see it can work with a single sample as a monophonic rompler, but is there any way you can play even play a single sample over 4 voices as a super lo fi sampler?

I think your pitch algorithm is really nice and would work well in this way.

Or even a step further;

Say, import 4 samples of a C note, in 4 octaves, and then split this over octaves of playback, pitching shifting each sample across its octave? Also like a primitive rompler/sampler?

Thank you.

Any insight on this?

I would nearly consider ditching another piece of gear and getting a second RAmple if this was in any way possible …

Thanks a lot for the kind comments :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to say Rample was designed to be more of a standard sampler than what you’re describing. I hear where you’re coming from, and I agree it’d be killer, but I’m afraid that’s not quite in the scope of the module yet, and not a priority feature as of today. But I do take note of this feature request though.

A crude way to acheive this would be to have four similar samples loaded, and sequence their triggers & pitch. But you’d need some way to do voice allocation and proper gain on the 1V/oct signal to correctly to control the pitch, to make this setup playable. Quite a tricky ordeal, I think. Let us know if you manage to get somewhere, though!

Hope you’re having fun using Rample, and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response! Thats totally understandable. Its a great machine regardless.

IF I come up with any black magic way of doing it, I will report back.

Cheers.

1 Like