Pyramid Wish List

Hmmmm…a negative offset. I wonder how that would be accomplished. I guess a look ahead function would do it, something that subtracts a value from the note’s position value in the cue. It would only be able to apply it after the first downbeat, and it would only really work using actual time value, and not note subdivision, as polymetric sequences would make using this function a nightmare. Maybe it is something that could be slipped into the quantizer module as a non-tempo offset? Interesting. Thanks for the idea.

I’m not sure how it would damage the current usability of the current UI if only functional under a specific value outside of the ones already currently available. Is this because you would not be able to use a second instance of the unit when using it in this way? If it’s not something you would use anyway, then I can’t see how it affects you or brings about your disfavor.

Also, I wouldn’t call your opinion irrelevant. Folks listen to you here, maybe more than you are currently admitting.

Implement PC command in order to load projects by external Setlist software (and not having to scroll through long song lists in a tinny screen while been on stage).

3 Likes

you know, now im thinking a little way to use my mouse and keyboard lol

Please. Please. Please

Can we have: Note/step length Saves in project even without steps/notes entered (Step View)

Having a blank template/project setup for your studio saves sooooo much time.

Early days with the pyramid for me but loving the workflow. One thing that would speed things up for me even more would be to change tracks with one hand. This would allow instant access to all my instruments, synths etc, switching with one hand and playing on a keyboard with the other. for me, hardware is all about instant access, but of course the trade off is complexity, which is also essential to a certain degree. You can kind of stretch and select tracks with one hand but it’s a little tough. Sorry if this has been asked before.

2 Likes

best to send feature requests via the contact page on the squarp web site.

I’ll be honest, I cannot see how this would work, not really space in the UI in any mode…
so when you send in the request, you might want to include some suggestions, on how you think this could work. :slight_smile:

you have two options you have today:

the other option (depending on what you are trying to do exactly) is to use the omnimode=multtrack bank A (etc) option (see manual/settings)
this way your controller can send midi on different channels to play on different tracks.

Thanks Mark (love your work on ORAC btw). Yes, that Omni mode could be well worth a try, I can’t see how a foot switch would be that useful in getting to the right track quickly. The pyramid feels like almost the perfect sequencer otherwise, integrating all my gear in a way I could never have imagined before!

1 Like

yeah, the footswitch is only useful if you are doing a (kind of) linear workflow…
e.g. imagine, using the pyramid in a live situation as a looper, where each track is used as a looping layer… so you record one track, then move to the next, next, next etc.

but as you say, not so useful, if you want to move between arbitrary tracks.

1 Like

Great idea, maybe something like holding the 2nd button & double clicking the track button could put it in “track select mode”.

1 Like

Yes, that could work! There’s a trade off between the number of button combinations someone can memorise but in this case would be worth it for how often it would be used, personally speaking.

1 Like

I personally think extending the interface is better than trying to cram more and more functionality into an already packed UI :slight_smile: (users already struggle with all the options available on the pyramid)

I actually really wish Squarp had extended PyraMidi to cover more features of the Pyramid.
I was quite disappointed when I realised it was not on the Hermod at all :frowning:

2 Likes

Did u send Squarp a feature request with our suggestions?

Not yet, I inquired about it but didn’t add your great suggestion yet. Feel free to email them as I won’t be able to get around to it just yet.

Yes to this 100%.

I also requested ages ago a kind of MIDI MUX, where you could play chords and it would send each note to a different channel, so you could do chords with 3 or 4 monosynths. They said they were thinking of something similar, but we’ll see…

To be honest, though, it’s such a great sequencer as it is, doesn’t do everything, but does a lot, and has had far more support than 99% of other music equipment I own.

7 Likes

When performing track mutes that are set to come on after a delay (using the perform setting) it would be massively helpful to have some visual feedback that it’s actually going to happen, like when performing with sequences.

Not every pad press is registered as they take a bit of force, so it’s really unfortunate when a transition doesn’t work as one track is still muted.

3 Likes

please send feature requests via contact form

2 Likes

It would be useful if we could name patterns, even if we only see it while in pattern mode.

So that if your experimenting with all the different ways patterns can be used (variations of; melodies, cc automations, different pc message…) it’ll make some sort of sense when u come back to a project later.

1 Like

I think it will never happen, mainly because of the size of the screen.

If you check the display on SEQ mode, you’ll notice that patterns’ name is written before track’s name (white text on black).

It wouldn’t fit there on the small panel itself being on a small screen.

I did say “even if we only see it while in pattern mode” & maybe they could add the option to see track or pattern names while in SEQ display mode.

Also, outside of the SEQ display window there’s actually room to fit both the track & pattern name on top black bar where the track name is currently located.

BTW this is a “wish list” for features you hope to get added to the current or later models of the Pyramid that could make it better that the developers didn’t think of.

I’ll send a request & hope for the best.

3 Likes