Pyramid vs. Hapax: live project management

The Squarp Pyramid has proven no less than magical in terms of meeting my current project’s peculiar needs. But I’m trying to figure out if one factor necessitates exploring moving up to a Hapax.

The project is DAWless - but I finally embraced MIDI and CV/gate programming, and searched high and low for a sequencer that could handle my peculiar setup…it’s a song-based ecosystem, with songs being 3-7 minutes long.

I’m looking to play out with the project, and have reconfigured it to a more rackmounted/portable setup:

SCI Drumtraks
Roland TR-606 (circuit-bent into what its creator calls a “608”)
Vermona DRM1
Studio Electronics SE-1
Roland MKS-50
Oberheim Matrix 6r
Dave Smith Tetra
Tonestar 2600 (so I don’t have to take my ARP Odyssey mk1 out anymore)
Roland Space Echo RE 202
Ensoniq DP4

• Various compressors, pedal fx boxes and tube preamps
    (+ I’m a singer/guitarist, so my vox/guitar setup is a whole other deal.)

One Pyramid project covers about 10 minutes of my music, usually 2 songs, with an instrumental bridge in between so the music doesn’t have to stop.

I would love to find a seamless way of managing projects live so the music doesn’t have to stop at all, across a 45-60 minute set (right now, I have to stop five times).

I see the Hapax offers “dual project management” - does that mean I would be able to switch projects without stopping and reloading live?

how many pattersn/tracks on Pyramid does your typical project use? yes Hapax has dual architecture that allows for seamless transitions between two different projects without stopping (though they have to run at the same BPM when overlapping, if that matters). Hapax is up to 16 patterns per 16 tracks per projects currently, with beta OS 2.0 but that still may be a downgrade from Pyramid if you’re used to the 32 patterns per track and 64 track workflow

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.