Pyramid or Hermod, control with Program Change

Hi, everyone.

I need help choosing a sequencer. At first I wanted to get a KORG SQ-64, but stumbled on the Squarp brand and got interested as they seem better.
I’m a guitar player, bought a Moog mother-32 a year ago or so. Trying to do concerts and record, with guitar and some synths. Tired of large bands :slight_smile:

So the idea is to make some sequences and play guitar over them. I had one concert with a bass player where we used a synth for maybe half of our program. It went nice.

A few weeks ago I acquired a Moog DFAM and its built-in sequencer just doesn’t work for me as it requires too much fiddling with my hands. The M32 sequencer is quite limited too.

I have a One control GECKO MKIII footswitch, midi pedal with which I controlled the M32 built in sequencer. Which worked nicely.

The GECKO pedal sends Program Change messages through MIDI. Is there a way to go through premade sequences (tracks, tunes whatever they are called) on the Hermod or the Pyramid with PC?

There are a few of these on the used market, I’d prefer the Hermod as it has more CV outputs and it is smaller.

I don’t use Eurorack, but I suppose I can easily make an enclosure for it and find a suitable power adapter. Maybe in time I’ll do Eurorack , but not yet

So in short, can I control any of these sequencers with my Gecko pedal (with PC)?

Thanks

Ok, I did some research. It seems that Pyramid cannot change sequences with PC messages. Correct me if I’m wrong. :slight_smile:

The manual says it can do it with CC messages, a shame really as the pedal I have is so small and simple. There should be a setting either on the Pyramid or the Pedal to change PC to CC. Should be simple to implement… Or to have an extensive menu in which a user can choose what does each message do… Like this you just have to go around buy stuff

And Hermod does have a CV input which can change between 8 sequences, I found this in the manual:

“… If you use the 0V to +5V range and the parameter SEQ CHANGE , an input between 0V and 0.625V will select the sequence 1 , an input between 0.625V and 1.25V will select the sequence 2 , …, an input between 4.375V and 5V will select the sequence 8 . It’s advised to add this parameter on each sequence you want to control with the CV input. …”

So how do I achieve this? make an active footswitch with 8 “step down converters” inside and calibrate :slight_smile: ?

It all seems too complicated (or too expensive), as with everything with synthesizers.

Ok, by talking to myself I did get some conclusions. It turns out that you can switch sequences with PC on Hermod. So I ordered one.

So the Hermod can change sequences by receiving MIDI PC messages. Can it also SEND MIDI PC as part of a sequence?