Pyramid-> MC707: Anyone figured how to get patterns and clips to start in sync?

Pyramid has notes information as well as sending program change message to MC707 to change clips.

Just sending PC is fine, as the MC707 will queue the next clip to start after the current clip plays out.

The problem is sending notes usng the Pyramid, ie the MC707 is being used as sound source.

What happens is pyramid changes to next pattern, sends PC to MC707, but before MC707 has switched clips and sounds, the notes from pyramids new pattern plays over the current clip with the wrong sound.

On synths, you send PC and it switches almost instantly to new patch.

On MC707 there is no ‘sound bank’ only clips that store sound info.

The issue is clip have their own start time, from digging around the min turn around time for a clip is 1 bar. Most likely to give MC707 time to pre-load the next clip info/

In this 1 bar min turn around time, pyramid has already switch patterns.

Unless there is a way to delay the pyramid pattern switch by 1 bar after you touch it, is there any work arounds?

do clips have midi note values assigned to them?

No, there are no notes in MC707 clips.

I wanted to use pyramid to input notes and chords as well as make use of MIDI FX.

MC707 purely for sounds.

this sounds like a version of the Digitone/takt Pattern change issue. can you at least have Clips and Sounds (MIDI notes) on different channels so that one Pyramid track is for Clips and another is exclusively for notes/Sounds?

Have you tried putting the Program Change automation message back a bar? You don’t have to have it start right at the beginning, if I recall.

That would require pressing 2 buttons in Pyramid, one to queue PC and another to change into notes.

Correct?

If that was the case, it might be easier to go MC707 → Squarp. So you change clips on MC707 and it tells pyramid to change pattern, then have pyramid midi out back into MC707.

I think this works? I haven’t tried it yet.

How do you do this on Pyramid? The only place I see PC/MSB/LSB is in the track MIDI settings.

Or are you suggesting that you put a CC note in the pattern? Not sure if this is possible?

Yeah, if you go through the CC messages list in Step Mode, there is one for Program Change (even though it’s not really a CC message). I think if you scroll through right to the bottom.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.