Pyramid failed update

New user here…

I purchased a Squarp Pyramid used recently and successfully updated it to PyraOS 4.02. Today I tried updating to 4.03. The update appeared to succeed in that it said it flashed successfully, but then it displayed the following:

BOOTLOADER V150 READY TO JUMP…
JUMPING TO
0X79D47FCC
0X506FFFFF
JUMP →

So it appears the bootloader is intact, but maybe the OS flash is corrupted? I tried again with the same result. Whenever I power on the sequencer, I get this same display.

Is there a means to recover from this myself s I on’t have to send it in to the factory?

Thanks,

Tony

As a follow up, I received an email response not long after having posed this issue to support! They suggested that the SD card itself might have gotten corrupted and suggested either reformatting the card or trying another. I tried a fresh Sandisk Ultra 32 GB card using the 4.03 update image. The update worked and now my Pyramid boots with the latest firmware.

Hopefully this thread can serve as information for anybody else who encounters this problem. In my experience as an embedded software engineer (now retired), if the boot loader is intact, the device should be recoverable without the aid of an emulator, and that certainly was the case with my Pyramid.

Tony

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.